Photographs of a passenger’s injuries have been released as a warning about the potential risks of using battery-powered devices on aircraft.
The woman’s headphones caught fire as she was listening to music on a recent flight from Beijing to Melbourne. She was sleeping but woke up to a loud explosion.
The Australian Transport Safety Bureau believes the batteries in the device likely caught fire and has urged passengers to respect safety guidelines when flying.
Get a different perspective
Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.