BREAKING NEWS

Now Reading:

Formula One: Renault unveil new R.S.17


Sport

Formula One: Renault unveil new R.S.17

Renault unveiled their new car for the 2017 Formula One championship on Tuesday.

At a ceremony in the UK the manufacturer presented to the media the R.S.17.

Newly-recruited Nico Hulkenberg, who joined from Force India to replace Kevin Magnussen, and Britain’s Jolyon Palmer will be putting the car through its paces this season as Renault look to improve on their ninth place finish in last year’s constructors’ championship.

It is built to comply with the radically revised regulations and German Hulkenburg is a fan.

He said: ‘‘I like it. I think it looks cool. I like the design, the colours first of all, from Renault, but also the new dimensions that the teams have to design the cars under and now it looks cool. Wider, lower, wide rear wing and wider tires, it definitely looks appealing and attractive to me”.

The team also took the opportunity of the event to announce the appointment of four-time world champion Alain Prost as Renault’s special advisor as well as the promotion of Sergey Sirotkin as reserve driver.

2017 will mark Renault’s second year back as full constructors after taking over the Lotus team.

The season gets underway with the Australian Grand Prix on 26 March.

Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.

Sport

Infantino in South Africa to discuss World Cup expansion