Now Reading:

Yemen: at least two dead in car bomb attack

world news

Yemen: at least two dead in car bomb attack


There has been another car bomb attack in Sanaa.
The latest atrocity comes just hours after peace talks between Yemen’s warring factions collapsed in

Shots rang out as survivors raced to the scene near a mosque in the centre of the Yemeni capital. At least two people have been killed and six injured.

The group calling itself Islamic State has reportedly said it planted the bomb.

The Houthi militia, whose fighters frequent the mosque, were the target, according to claims posted on Twitter. Peace talks between the fighting factions ended on Friday in Geneva with no ceasefire deal being signed.

And, while politicians talk, the people suffer.

The United Nationsestimates more than 2,600 have been killed in the fighting in Yemen so far and around 20 million need help.

Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.

Next Article