As fighting rages on in east Ukraine, Belarus has announced the next round of talks between Kyiv, Moscow and the OSCE would take place in Minsk on Friday.
Latest reports indicate at least five Ukrainians soldiers and three civilians have been killed in the fighting between pro-Russian rebels and government troops in breach of a ceasefire agreed in September. So far more than 5,000 people have been killed since the violence erupted last April.
Kyiv military said rebels had shelled their positions in more than 100 separate attacks.
As battles intensified a fourth wave of soldiers has been called up to head east. At one office in Kyiv, those who received their draft notices said their emotional farewells to their loved ones.
Both Russia and Ukraine accuse one another of escalating the conflict, making hopes of finding an agreement to a ceasefire that will last a dim prospect.
Get a different perspective
Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.