Vigilantes fighting perceived prostitution stormed a nightclub in Peru and attacked those who fled.
Video footage of the raid shows dozens of scantily-clad women being chased, whipped and pushed.
It also shows vigilantes confronting men who emerged from the club, forcing some of its employees to do push-ups.
According to local media the group said it conducts these kinds of operations to eradicate “prostitution and crime”.
The video was taken by the Decentralized Committee of Urban Rounds of Cajamarca.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 2Eastern Ukrainians ‘hate Russian-led guerrillas’ — Arseniy Yatsenyuk
- 3Caught on camera – children drugged and beaten in Romanian kindergarten
- 4Ukraine: ‘Disappointment’ at Yatsenyuk resignation
- 5Fears over spread of Ebola as more tragedies emerge
Wires > News
- 01:02 CET NATO must change to better repel Russian threat – Cameron
- 22:40 CET African leaders agree steps to fight runaway Ebola outbreak
- 22:36 CET Obama says that after 9/11, ‘we tortured some folks’
- 21:35 CET North Korea accuses U.N. Security Council of double standards
- 20:24 CET Ten killed in clashes between Azeris, ethnic Armenians
- 19:58 CET Insight: Collateral damage – How Iran sanctions fears hurt…
- 18:14 CET Doubts surface about India’s Modi after trade deal scuppered
- 17:26 CET Ugandan court overturns anti-gay law that halted Western aid