Vigilantes fighting perceived prostitution stormed a nightclub in Peru and attacked those who fled.
Video footage of the raid shows dozens of scantily-clad women being chased, whipped and pushed.
It also shows vigilantes confronting men who emerged from the club, forcing some of its employees to do push-ups.
According to local media the group said it conducts these kinds of operations to eradicate “prostitution and crime”.
The video was taken by the Decentralized Committee of Urban Rounds of Cajamarca.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Still United Kingdom: Scottish voters reject independence – follow live
- 2Scottish Highlands a spectacular battleground in the independence vote
- 3Scotland says ‘No’ to independence from UK after historic vote
- 4Which celebrities are backing Scottish independence?
- 5UN warns over Ebola as Sierra Leone lockdown begins
- 1Podemos: Spanish indignation in Brussels’ corridors of power | euronews, reporter
- 2Israel announces it will seize 400 acres in West Bank | euronews, world news
- 3Watch: Angry mob throw Ukraine MP into rubbish bin | euronews, world news
- 4Japan sounds bluefin warning, calls for 50% catch cut | euronews, world news
- 5Hoverbike on the horizon | euronews, hi-tech
- 6China executes eight Muslims convicted of terrorism | euronews, world news
- 7New car offers freedom for disabled drivers | euronews, hi-tech
- 83D printing: a driving force in design and engineering | euronews, hi-tech
- 9Ukraine accuses Russian aid convoy of stealing factory equipment | euronews, world news
- 10Young Yazidi girl escapes Islamic State kidnappers | euronews, world news
- 11Rise of the machines | euronews, futuris
- 12#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians | euronews, world news
- 13EU leaders name Donald Tusk European Council president | euronews, world news
- 14Turkish ferry makes high-speed final landing | euronews, no comment
- 15The business benefits of EU chemical regulation | euronews, business planet
- 16Risk of fresh ash cloud threatens European air travel | euronews, world news
- 17Canada sends hilarious barb to Russia over Ukraine ‘incursions’ | euronews, world news
- 18Iceland warns Europe’s airlines of possible volcanic eruption | euronews, world news
- 19Thousands of Catalans call for choice on split from Spain | euronews, world news
- 20Iceland puts on a show as two of its volcanoes spew out lava | euronews, world news
Wires > News
- 11:34 CET France says its jets launch first air strikes in Iraq
- 11:24 CET Shi’ite rebels shell Yemen state TV, residents flee fighting
- 10:44 CET Ugandan president removes prime minister and former ally Mbabazi
- 10:13 CET Hundreds of Syrian Kurds fleeing Islamic State gather on Turkish…
- 10:03 CET Australian PM cites ‘chatter’ of attacks on government, parliament
- 09:50 CET Modi says al Qaeda will fail in India – CNN
- 09:48 CET Russia says backs U.N. draft resolution on ‘terrorist fighters’
- 09:30 CET French Ebola case to receive test treatment, minister says