After the long summer break, some children and even some parents dread the first day back at school. What is the reason behind this feeling and what can be done to improve it? We seek answers from teachers, parents and experts.
In this episode of Learning World, we explore the world of schooling – from long school days and short school weeks in France, to surviving that first day back at school after the holidays, and we take a look at the rigorous education system in Japan.
You can share your experiences of going back to school on our social media pages.
And for more information on the topics covered in this item, you can visit the following websites.
- 114-year-old model reignites underage catwalk controversy
- 2Bulgarian businessman turns passion for Soviet-era cars into museum spectacle
- 3The enthralling colourful timbres of Dutch violin virtuoso Janine Jansen
- 4Eurovision logo says a lot about EU’s health
- 5Me Before You: small-town girl meets quadriplegic boy
latest Learning World
Raising young peoples’ eyes to the stars
Public funding, private loans – whatever it takes to get an education
Taking the Tunisian Revolution into the schools: forging a 21st century system
MOOCs: vital tools in education of the future – or over-hyped online fad?
Motivating teachers to maximise their pupils’ potential