09/08/13 10:13 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
A Miami man who reportedly posted a photo of his wife’s body on Facebook after killing her turned himself in to authorities on Thursday and confessed to the slaying, police said.
Derek Medina, 31, claimed to have fatally shot his wife, Jennifer Alonso, Miami-Dade police said in a statement. Officers discovered the woman’s body when they went to their home.
A 10-year-old girl on the property was found unharmed, police said.
A Facebook page with the name Derek Medina showed a picture of a woman identified as Alonso lying on the floor with her arm and face covered in blood.
Police would not confirm whether the Facebook page belonged to Medina, and the page was later taken down.
A message posted on the page under Medina’s name read, “My wife was punching me and I’m not going to stand anymore with the abuse so I did what I did. Hope you understand me.”
“I’m going to prison or death sentence for killing my wife,” it said.
Police said Medina has not yet been charged. Their investigation continues.
Wires > News
- 13:45 CET Philippine troops kill 54 Islamist militants in the south
- 13:44 CET Germany plans draft law on nuclear storage costs in August
- 13:43 CET Brazil’s anti-corruption minister criticizes Petrobras probe -…
- 13:36 CET China protests to Indonesia over seizure of fishing vessel
- 13:33 CET Japan puts military on alert for possible North Korea missile…
- 13:33 CET Suspected al Shabaab fighters kill 3 village elders in Kenya -…
- 13:32 CET German police hold flights at Cologne-Bonn airport over security…
- 13:27 CET Chinese worker wounded in Pakistani bomb attack