Euronews visited the French city of Reims, the birthplace of reconciliation between France and Germany, to see how the city is celebrating the 50th of anniversary of the Elysée Treaty.
Six months before the signing of that accord, General De Gaulle met Konrad Adenauer in Reims where they laid the foundations for a new chapter in Franco-German relations.
Click on the video above to see how local students are celebrating the close ties between the two countries.
Former minister Jacques Wagner confident Rousseff can return to power
With Michel Temer at the head, what’s next for Brazil?
Turkey: Erdogan ‘expected to tighten grip’
Fighting ISIL: exclusive in-depth report from Iraq frontlines
Exclusive: Greek PM says crisis nearly over, no more austerity needed
Wires > News
- 22:00 CET Ohio zoo defends shooting of gorilla after boy fell in enclosure
- 21:33 CET White House back to normal after partial lockdown – Secret Service
- 21:00 CET Brazil’s Temer pressed to drop anti-corruption minister
- 20:40 CET Outrage mounts over gorilla killing in boy’s rescue at Ohio zoo
- 20:20 CET Libyan oil guard says captures coastal town from Islamic State…
- 20:07 CET Drowned baby picture captures week of tragedy in Mediterranean
- 19:31 CET Japan puts military on alert for possible North Korea missile…
- 19:25 CET Chad’s ex-leader Habre, Cold War-era ally of West, gets life in…