March 24th marks the 11th annual Earth Hour and to draw attention to climate change.
The initiative began in Australia in 2007 as a grass roots gesture by the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) Australia against man-made carbon dioxide emissions linked to a warming planet.
It involved the switching off of electric lights for an hour in 7,000 cities across more than 180 countries, at 8:30 p.m. local time. This year's theme is "Let Nature Shine", a theme that hopes to unite millions of people and promote sustainable living.
The most famous landmark building, monument and places highlighted in the video:
- **Taiwan's iconic landmark skyscraper Taipei 101
- **New Delhi's iconic India Gate War Memorial
- **The Moscow Kremlin
- **Monuments of the Acropolis in Athens
- **Brandenburg Gate in Berlin and Cologne cathedral
- **The Eiffel Tower
- **Buckingham Palace, Tower Bridge and Piccadilly Circus **