Euronews is no longer accessible on Internet Explorer. This browser is not updated by Microsoft and does not support the last technical evolutions. We encourage you to use another browser, such as Edge, Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
BREAKING NEWS

Turkey says its convoy attacked in Syria, three civilians killed

Euronews logo
Text size Aa Aa

ANKARA (Reuters) – A Turkish military convoy was attacked en route to one of its observation posts in northwest Syria on Monday, Turkey’s Defence Ministry said, adding that three civilians were killed and 12 others wounded in the air strike.

The ministry said in a statement that the attack violated Ankara’s agreements and cooperation with Russia, Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s most powerful ally. It said Russia had been told in advance about the convoy.

(Reporting by Tuvan Gumrukcu; Editing by Dominic Evans)

euronews provides breaking news articles from reuters as a service to its readers, but does not edit the articles it publishes. Articles appear on euronews.com for a limited time.