Soul singer Billy Paul dies at 80Comments
Me and Mrs Jones...we got a thing goin' on..
- Born Paul Williams in Philadelphia
- Performed alongside Charlie Parker and Nina Simone in his youth
- Survived by wife Blanche Williams
Billy Paul (1934 – 2016) pic.twitter.com/ULk6pTJTgB— RetroCo (@Retro_Co) April 25, 2016
The US soul singer Billy Paul has died at the age of 80.
A statement on his website says he died as the result of a “serious medical condition.”
He was best known for his number one hit, “Me and Mrs Jones”.
“Me and Mrs Jones”
- Describes an extra-marital affair
- 1972 hit
- US number one
- Grammy-award winning
- Won 500,000 USD lawsuit in 2003 for loyalties owed by Assorted Music