More than 50 dead in Kabul bomb attacks

More than 50 dead in Kabul bomb attacks
By Euronews
Share this articleComments
Share this articleClose Button
Copy/paste the article video embed link below:Copy to clipboardCopied

The NATO-led mission in Afghanistan says eight civilians have been killed, along with one of its service members, after a special forces base was

ADVERTISEMENT

The NATO-led mission in Afghanistan says eight civilians have been killed, along with one of its service members, after a special forces base was attacked.

It is claimed that insurgents struck Camp Integrity in Kabul with a car bomb and then followed it up with gunfire.

No one has admitted launching the attack and it was not immediately clear if there was any damage to the NATO base.

NATO officials said authorities were still gathering information about the attack on the facility near Kabul airport.

It was part of a wave of bombings in the capital on Friday, which left more than 50 people dead and hundreds wounded.

At the Afghan police academy, dozens of police cadets and civilians were killed or injured in a suicide bomb blast.

A truck bomb also exploded in central Kabul, killing seven people and wounding around four hundred.

The war between the Western-backed government and the Taliban has intensified since the NATO combat mission ended last year and most foreign troops were pulled out.

Share this articleComments

You might also like

2015 sees record number of civilian casualties in Afghanistan

At least 10 people dead in Valencia high-rise building fire

More than 300 detained in Russia for paying respects to Kremlin critic Alexei Navalny