Nigeria: Boko Haram claims abduction of over 200 schoolgirls last month

Nigeria: Boko Haram claims abduction of over 200 schoolgirls last month
By Euronews
Share this articleComments
Share this articleClose Button
ADVERTISEMENT

The Islamist militant group Boko Haram claimed responsibility on Monday for the abduction of more than 200 schoolgirls during a raid in the village of Chibok in northeast Nigeria last month, the French news agency AFP reported, citing a video it had obtained.

“I abducted your girls,” Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau said in the video, according to AFP. He said on Monday he would “sell [them]on the market”.

Reuters

Share this articleComments

You might also like

Paris 2015 attacker Salah Abdeslam transferred from Belgium to France

Iraq and US begin formal talks to end coalition formed to fight Islamic State

Six nuns kidnapped by armed group in Haiti released unharmed