Governor of Russia's Belgorod region says thousands left without power after Ukrainian shelling

Governor of Russia's Belgorod region says thousands left without power after Ukrainian shelling
Copyright 
By Reuters
Share this articleComments
Share this articleClose Button

LONDON - The governor of Russia's Belgorod region said on Tuesday that more than 2,000 people had been left without power after Ukraine shelled an electricity substation in the town of Shebekino, on the border with Ukraine's Kharkiv region.

In a post on Telegram, Governor Vyacheslav Gladkov said that emergency services were working to restore the power supply.

Share this articleComments

You might also like

Latest news bulletin | May 19th – Midday

South Africa's controversial former president Jacob Zuma holds rally

Severe flooding wreaks havoc across northern Europe