- New skins for leaky buildings 08/09/2014
- A robot that grows 28/07/2014
- Robots of the deep 21/07/2014
- Spray the rats away – better ways to rid us of rodents 14/07/2014
- Growing greener fuel for cleaner transport 07/07/2014
- Is it safe? Seeking a universal test for fresh water 30/06/2014
- The Plight of the Pollinators 23/06/2014
- Fish of the future 16/06/2014
- A second chance for injured brains 09/06/2014
- Talking Plants 02/06/2014
DO YOU KNOW?
Do you know: what is a soft robot?
Do you know: what’s the wood wide web?
Do you know: why kill rats?
Do you know: can trees move planes?
Do you know: can water kill you?
Do you know: can we survive without bees?
Do you know: is wild fish better than farm…
Do you know: do injured brains dream?
Do you know: can plants speak?
Do you know: can the sea cure cancer?
Do you know: Can machinery speak?
Do you know: can crab shells be toxic?
How to find someone lost at sea?
Do you know: are broken eggs a threat?
Do you know: do plants eat skeletons?
Do you know: can we stop aging?
Do you know: can you vaccinate an oyster?
Do you know: can we eat toxic waste?
What’s inside a tyre?
How to hack biometric security?
Do earthquakes also bring life?
Fast food: can it be healthy?
Is olive oil greener with algae?
Is an Elixir of Youth Possible?
26/05 16:27 CET
Over 99% of the microscopic inhabitants of the world’s seas have still not been scientifically studied, even though many…
19/05 16:19 CET
Thoroughly analyzing the vibrations made by a machine can help diagnose its mechanical state of health. In Turin, Italy, a…
12/05 17:27 CET
Crab is a culinary delicacy most of which ends up in the bin. In this edition of Futuris we look at the uses can we find for the…
05/05 15:21 CET
Ship evacuations sometimes turn chaotic, ending in tragedy. In this episode of Futuris, we look at why this happens and what can…
28/04 17:02 CET
Every day dozens of tons of eggshells are wasted in Europe. They can be recycled into plastics, cosmetics or even food…
21/04 14:53 CET
Is it possible to produce fertilizer from animal bones? And what are the potential benefits for agriculture and the environment…
14/04 15:20 CET
Most of the plants on our planet are still a mystery to science, to a large extent as the chemical composition of most species…
07/04 16:27 CET
Oysters are being wiped out in Europe. But can science save them? In southwest France, oyster farmers say they have good reason…
31/03 16:09 CET
The sea is naturally self-cleaning because most pollution is eaten by microorganisms living in the water. But that process takes…
24/03 15:59 CET
Is it possible to drive on greener, more resistant truck tyres that consume less fuel? In this edition of Futuris we go on a…
17/03 18:44 CET
How reliable is biometric security? Computers recognize us by our faces, voices and fingerprints, but can we trick them by…
10/03 18:55 CET
Earthquakes take lives, destroy buildings, wreck roads and infrastructure. Is there a way to protect our cities with computer…
03/03 15:57 CET
Easy to make, cheap and cheerful, pizza remains a favorite meal in many countries. But, as with many things in life, the…
24/02 17:04 CET
Futuris visited southern Spain, an area famous for its olive orchards, to find out what microalgae and olive oil have in…
17/02 17:15 CET
An elixir of eternal youth may be the stuff of legend and beyond the reach of humans, but it is not such a fantasy in the world…
10/02 17:00 CET
We are only aware of about 10% of our brain activity, so scientists at a lab in Barcelona are working to increase that…
03/02 16:31 CET
In Pisa, Italy, European scientists are pioneering a new way to treat some of the neurological symptoms that can occur in…
27/01 11:37 CET
While statistics say flying may be the safest way to travel, it is perhaps not so safe for the environment. Airplanes burn tons…
20/01 11:26 CET
In this edition of Futuris, Euronews teams up with scientists working off the southern French coast in an European Union…
- 25/11/2013Invisible at first sight
- 18/11/2013Night flight – taking to the clouds to improve aerodynamics
- 11/11/2013Fast and curious: smart cars to reduce the dangers of driving
- 04/11/2013Art detectives team up
- 28/10/2013Making fire from water
- 21/10/2013Something in the air
- 14/10/2013Food for thought
- 07/10/2013Soundtrack for safer trains
- 30/09/2013Exoskeletons on the march
- 23/09/2013Visions from the heart
- 16/09/2013Aviation: from scrap to eco-design
- 09/09/2013A new ‘skin’ for old stones
- 29/07/2013Eye in the sky
- 22/07/2013A new wave in marine biology
- 15/07/2013Intelligent irrigation: growing green
- 08/07/2013Iceland mans its volcano front line
- 01/07/2013Crohn’s disease: the inside story
- 24/06/2013Green Concrete under construction
- 17/06/2013Drought alert in Africa
- 10/06/2013Echoes from the deep
- 03/06/2013Plants that track air pollution
- 27/05/2013Sea fuel
- 20/05/2013Deep inside the brain
- 13/05/2013New air for museums
- 06/05/2013Do the locomotion
- 29/04/2013Manage your mussels
- 22/04/2013Down to earth energy
- 15/04/2013Saving time, saving lives
- 08/04/2013Burn fat, not energy
- 01/04/2013UV-LEDs lower cost of water purification
- 25/03/2013Lagoons under the microscope
- 18/03/2013Tuberculosis: An injection of hope
- 11/03/2013Flood alert
- 04/03/2013A helping hand
- 25/02/2013Handy Robots
- 18/02/2013Robots at work
- 04/02/2013Elderly care: always aware
- 01/02/2013Eat less, feel full
- 28/01/2013Cooking up natural plastics
- 21/01/2013Visions of our moody Sun