- Surviving strokes: University of Birmingham leading research into cutting edge rehab technology 10/04/2015
- Slik operation: new device to remove oil from troubled waters 06/04/2015
- Building for the future with self-repairing concrete 30/03/2015
- Vision of the future: new adaptable lens to prolong sight of aging eyes 23/03/2015
- Movement sensor device improves life quality for Parkinson’s patients 16/03/2015
- Tainted love: software transforms the painstaking art of colouring old cartoons 09/03/2015
- Will hypersonic passenger planes ever be a reality? 02/03/2015
- Elastic road surface reduces motorway noise pollution 23/02/2015
- Messenger RNA: the molecule that may teach our bodies to beat cancer 13/02/2015
- Sea change in shipping: natural gas to make engines more eco-friendly 09/02/2015
DO YOU KNOW?
Do you know: how will drones change the…
Do you know: how smart is a coaster?
Do you know: what’s worse than oil…
Do you know: what’s better, the eye or…
Do you know: can electronics fight…
Do you know: is there a future for 2…
Do you know: how to fly around the world in…
Do you know: how to get to the road of the…
Do you know: can our cells create medicines?
Do you know: can you cruise on natural gas?
Do you know: can matter think?
Do you know: where’s the cure for HIV?
Do you know: what’s a bubble-box?
Do you know: can we boost injured livers?
Do you know: can you run away from a tsunami?
Do you know: can bacteria build houses?
Do you know: what is a smart city?
Do you know: who owns mushrooms in a forest?
Do you know: which material keeps food best…
Do you know: how are we killing the forests?
Do you know: what is a soft robot?
Do you know: what’s the wood wide web?
Do you know: why kill rats?
Do you know: can trees move planes?
Do you know: can water kill you?
Do you know: can we survive without bees?
Do you know: is wild fish better than farm…
Do you know: do injured brains dream?
Do you know: can plants speak?
Do you know: can the sea cure cancer?
Do you know: Can machinery speak?
Do you know: can crab shells be toxic?
How to find someone lost at sea?
Do you know: are broken eggs a threat?
Do you know: do plants eat skeletons?
Do you know: can we stop aging?
Do you know: can you vaccinate an oyster?
Do you know: can we eat toxic waste?
What’s inside a tyre?
How to hack biometric security?
02/02 14:04 CET
Using a simple device based on a tube and netting European scientists believe…
26/01 16:24 CET
At Rome’s National Gallery of Ancient Art crate up “Narcissus”, a masterpiece by Caravaggio, in preparation for a long journey…
19/01 18:36 CET
Intelligent, extremely tough and ultralight; these are the anticipated characteristics of the materials that will be used to…
24/11/14 11:11 CET
The AIDS pandemic has claimed the lives of nearly 40 million people. Another 35 million are living with HIV. Scientists around…
17/11/14 11:13 CET
“Cases of food poisoning from vegetables affect more people and lead to more hospitalisations than those from…
10/11/14 17:40 CET
Is it possible to safely dispose of excess CO2 by storing it deep in the seabed? And what would be the effect on the ecosystem…
03/11/14 16:28 CET
Three years ago the lives of Andrew Ryan and his family changed forever when he was diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver. His…
27/10/14 11:43 CET
The ocean can be ruthless and unpredictable. Tsunamis strike without warning, taking thousands of lives. How can we spot an…
20/10/14 11:24 CET
Houses of the future could be partially built with bacteria. It sounds like science fiction but researchers involved in an…
13/10/14 11:30 CET
Urban noise may be a nuisance for residents, but it can also provide important information about the city and its needs. …
06/10/14 11:54 CET
Forests are not just a source of timber; mushrooms, berries, nuts and other gifts of nature play an important role in the…
29/09/14 11:56 CET
Every year Europe’s tomato industry produces around 200 thousands tons of waste consisting mainly of skins, pips and…
22/09/14 11:36 CET
Forests are the green lungs of our planet. During the day, trees absorb carbon…
15/09/14 11:50 CET
Flying robots can help people out in dangerous situations. Unmanned vehicles with dexterous arms can pick up and carry objects…
08/09/14 11:27 CET
In the Italian city of Milan a major European research project is examining the energy efficiency of new insulation materials…
28/07/14 15:58 CET
Scientists in Italy are working on creating robots that mimic the properties of plant roots, including the capacity for growth…
21/07/14 14:59 CET
Underwater robots can explore seas and rivers, gathering in groups to solve problems together, if they learn to cooperate. How…
14/07/14 13:20 CET
Rats damage crops, buildings and infrastructure, costing billions of euros every year. They also carry more than 60 diseases…
07/07/14 13:50 CET
Plants might be the source of a new renewable fuel for planes, or new greener ingredients to replace fossil resources used to…
- 30/06/2014Is it safe? Seeking a universal test for fresh water
- 23/06/2014The Plight of the Pollinators
- 16/06/2014Fish of the future
- 09/06/2014A second chance for injured brains
- 02/06/2014Talking Plants
- 26/05/2014Deep cure
- 19/05/2014Good vibrations
- 12/05/2014From crab shells to raw materials
- 05/05/2014Don’t panic
- 28/04/2014Longer life for broken eggs
- 21/04/2014Richer soil from old bones
- 14/04/2014Flower power
- 07/04/2014Viral attack: defenseless oysters
- 31/03/2014Kill the Spill
- 24/03/2014Greener tyres on the road
- 17/03/2014Behind the mask of biometric security
- 10/03/2014Shakin’ all over – Europe researches quake-proof bridges
- 03/03/2014Say cheese! Making pizza a guilt-free pleasure
- 24/02/2014Algae and Olives
- 17/02/2014Elixir of youth
- 10/02/2014Beyond the subconscious
- 03/02/2014Work out to catch up