- Hidden dimensions: 3D scanner reveals the inner secrets of artworks 18/05/2015
- Saving water from waste in chemical plants 11/05/2015
- Resistance movement: the battle to beat the antibiotic-proof superbug 04/05/2015
- The walking robot set to help elderly people live an autonomous life 24/04/2015
- Portuguese researchers discover the secret of Mind Control 20/04/2015
- Surviving strokes: University of Birmingham leading research into cutting edge rehab technology 10/04/2015
- Slik operation: new device to remove oil from troubled waters 06/04/2015
- Building for the future with self-repairing concrete 30/03/2015
- Vision of the future: new adaptable lens to prolong sight of aging eyes 23/03/2015
- Movement sensor device improves life quality for Parkinson’s patients 16/03/2015
DO YOU KNOW?
Do you know: what is an unplugged vehicule?
Do you know: can graphene see through time?
How to solve the water scarcity problem?
Do you know: what are…
Do you know: what’s a robotic walker?
Do you know: how will drones change the…
Do you know: how smart is a coaster?
Do you know: what’s worse than oil…
Do you know: what’s better, the eye or…
Do you know: can electronics fight…
Do you know: is there a future for 2…
Do you know: how to fly around the world in…
Do you know: how to get to the road of the…
Do you know: can our cells create medicines?
Do you know: can you cruise on natural gas?
Do you know: can matter think?
Do you know: where’s the cure for HIV?
Do you know: what’s a bubble-box?
Do you know: can we boost injured livers?
Do you know: can you run away from a tsunami?
Do you know: can bacteria build houses?
Do you know: what is a smart city?
Do you know: who owns mushrooms in a forest?
Do you know: which material keeps food best…
Do you know: how are we killing the forests?
Do you know: what is a soft robot?
Do you know: what’s the wood wide web?
Do you know: why kill rats?
Do you know: can trees move planes?
Do you know: can water kill you?
Do you know: can we survive without bees?
Do you know: is wild fish better than farm…
Do you know: do injured brains dream?
Do you know: can plants speak?
Do you know: can the sea cure cancer?
Do you know: Can machinery speak?
Do you know: can crab shells be toxic?
How to find someone lost at sea?
Do you know: are broken eggs a threat?
Do you know: do plants eat skeletons?
Do you know: can we stop aging?
Do you know: can you vaccinate an oyster?
Do you know: can we eat toxic waste?
What’s inside a tyre?
09/03 11:51 CET
Art and computer science combine in a European project revolutionising the…
02/03 12:26 CET
Passenger planes today are comfortable and reliable, but could they fly faster? The latest engineering developments suggest we…
13/05 11:44 CET
At a training ground for firefighters near Barcelona, scientists and rescue workers from all over Europe are working together on…
23/02 12:34 CET
A new type of road surface, partly made from old tyres, can help reduce road noise and is a cheaper option than noise barriers.
13/02 11:14 CET
Groundbreaking German research into the RNA molecule is giving hope of a major leap forward in the treatment of prostate cancer…
09/02 13:13 CET
A new generation of LNG-diesel engines is set to transform shipping. But is the market ready to adapt?
02/02 14:04 CET
Using a simple device based on a tube and netting European scientists believe…
26/01 16:24 CET
At Rome’s National Gallery of Ancient Art crate up “Narcissus”, a masterpiece by Caravaggio, in preparation for a long journey…
19/01 18:36 CET
Intelligent, extremely tough and ultralight; these are the anticipated characteristics of the materials that will be used to…
24/11/14 11:11 CET
The AIDS pandemic has claimed the lives of nearly 40 million people. Another 35 million are living with HIV. Scientists around…
17/11/14 11:13 CET
“Cases of food poisoning from vegetables affect more people and lead to more hospitalisations than those from…
10/11/14 17:40 CET
Is it possible to safely dispose of excess CO2 by storing it deep in the seabed? And what would be the effect on the ecosystem…
03/11/14 16:28 CET
Three years ago the lives of Andrew Ryan and his family changed forever when he was diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver. His…
27/10/14 11:43 CET
The ocean can be ruthless and unpredictable. Tsunamis strike without warning, taking thousands of lives. How can we spot an…
20/10/14 11:24 CET
Houses of the future could be partially built with bacteria. It sounds like science fiction but researchers involved in an…
13/10/14 11:30 CET
Urban noise may be a nuisance for residents, but it can also provide important information about the city and its needs. …
06/10/14 11:54 CET
Forests are not just a source of timber; mushrooms, berries, nuts and other gifts of nature play an important role in the…
29/09/14 11:56 CET
Every year Europe’s tomato industry produces around 200 thousands tons of waste consisting mainly of skins, pips and…
22/09/14 11:36 CET
Forests are the green lungs of our planet. During the day, trees absorb carbon…
- 15/09/2014Rise of the machines
- 08/09/2014New skins for leaky buildings
- 28/07/2014A robot that grows
- 21/07/2014Robots of the deep
- 14/07/2014Spray the rats away – better ways to rid us of rodents
- 07/07/2014Growing greener fuel for cleaner transport
- 30/06/2014Is it safe? Seeking a universal test for fresh water
- 23/06/2014The Plight of the Pollinators
- 16/06/2014Fish of the future
- 09/06/2014A second chance for injured brains
- 02/06/2014Talking Plants
- 26/05/2014Deep cure
- 19/05/2014Good vibrations
- 12/05/2014From crab shells to raw materials
- 05/05/2014Don’t panic
- 28/04/2014Longer life for broken eggs
- 21/04/2014Richer soil from old bones
- 14/04/2014Flower power
- 07/04/2014Viral attack: defenseless oysters
- 31/03/2014Kill the Spill
- 24/03/2014Greener tyres on the road
- 17/03/2014Behind the mask of biometric security