- Surgical avatars promise medical revolution 16/11/2015
- Confronting the epidemy that is diabetes 09/11/2015
- Hovercraft innovation: multi-tasking on a cushion of air 02/11/2015
- A brighter future? EU researchers harness the power of light 26/10/2015
- Saving brain cells during cancer surgery 19/10/2015
- Forklifts of the future: Sensors & the Factory 12/10/2015
- Smart ambulances: the hi-tech future of accident and emergency healthcare 02/10/2015
- Liquid assets: how to test recycled water on the cheap 28/09/2015
- Look, no hands! the self-driving car on the road to reality 21/09/2015
- Robot archaeologists: taking the risks out of underwater fieldwork 14/09/2015
DO YOU KNOW?
Do you know: can computers heal spines?
Do you know: how to fly first class and…
Do you know: how to dance through air?
Do you know: do helicopters need pilots?
Do you know: can sport prevent diabetes?
Do you know: what drives like a bike, loads…
Do you know: why is the sky blue?
Do you know: what colours do animals see?
Do you know: can sensors produce soda?
Do you know: what’s the ambulance of…
Do you know: how does soil clean water?
Do you know: can a car see?
Do you know: are there still treasures under…
Do you know: can grass save the planet?
Do you know: is plastic packaging bad for…
Do you know: what’s better – a…
Do you know: what is a dirty bomb?
Do you know: what’s a cable robot?
Do you know: can waste be food?
Do you know: do fish feel global warming?
Do you know: can crops grow without water?
Do you know: roots or branches, which grow…
Do you know: what is an unplugged vehicule?
Do you know: can graphene see through time?
How to solve the water scarcity problem?
Do you know: what are…
Do you know: what’s a robotic walker?
Do you know: how will drones change the…
Do you know: how smart is a coaster?
Do you know: what’s worse than oil…
Do you know: what’s better, the eye or…
Do you know: can electronics fight…
Do you know: is there a future for 2…
Do you know: how to fly around the world in…
Do you know: how to get to the road of the…
Do you know: can our cells create medicines?
Do you know: can you cruise on natural gas?
Do you know: can matter think?
Do you know: where’s the cure for HIV?
Do you know: what’s a bubble-box?
Do you know: can we boost injured livers?
Do you know: can you run away from a tsunami?
Do you know: can bacteria build houses?
Do you know: what is a smart city?
07/09 12:30 CET
Whey from cheese production and other agricultural waste can be a valuable raw material for new biodegradable plastic. …
27/07 11:24 CET
European research project in Ireland offers promise of an alternative energy source from non-native myscanthus grass cultivated…
20/07 11:43 CET
Most of the food we buy is packed in plastic, metal or other fabricated materials. That makes it easy to store and transport…
13/07 11:30 CET
Transportation costs affect the price of any goods we buy, so reducing them could help our pockets. Road transportation is…
06/07 12:39 CET
Futuris reporter Denis Loctier looks at the work of the ‘atomic detectives,’…
29/06 11:31 CET
At a research facility near Montpellier in southern France, a mock-up of a…
22/06 11:45 CET
Managing food waste is both a challenge and an opportunity for developping countries. Every month, the St. Baasa factory in west…
15/06 12:24 CET
Fisheries are an excellent source of fresh and tasty fish that won’t harm marine resources. But can we be sure that these fish…
08/06 13:54 CET
Is it possible – in agriculture – to produce more with less water? That’s the aim of a European research project taking place…
01/06 11:31 CET
Increasing a plant’s ability to locate and absorb water and nutrients through its roots could potentially lead to bigger and…
22/05 11:16 CET
Electric vehicles are undoubtedly a form of transport with a future, but many technical challenges have to be overcome before…
18/08 06:01 CET
It has long been known that, below the surface, works of art often contain important information about how they were created…
13/05 11:44 CET
At a training ground for firefighters near Barcelona, scientists and rescue workers from all over Europe are working together on…
11/05 11:41 CET
This edition of Futuris explores how new technologies can help recycle the water used in chemical plants to make these more…
04/05 13:40 CET
Antibiotics have saved countless lives since the discovery of penicillin in 1928, but their indiscriminate use means some…
24/04 11:31 CET
How can we help elderly people find their way around places which are new and completely unknown to them? At the Science Museum…
20/04 12:49 CET
Mind control is the stuff of pure science fiction, but today reading data from your brain has never been more accurate, and that…
10/04 11:10 CET
Helping stroke survivors improve their quality of life is the goal of a…
06/04 11:48 CET
Marine oil spills can be extremely difficult to deal with, requiring a lot of time and effort by experts to remove the…
- 30/03/2015Building for the future with self-repairing concrete
- 23/03/2015Vision of the future: new adaptable lens to prolong sight of aging eyes
- 16/03/2015Movement sensor device improves life quality for Parkinson’s patients
- 09/03/2015Tainted love: software transforms the painstaking art of colouring old cartoons
- 02/03/2015Will hypersonic passenger planes ever be a reality?
- 23/02/2015Elastic road surface reduces motorway noise pollution
- 13/02/2015Messenger RNA: the molecule that may teach our bodies to beat cancer
- 09/02/2015Sea change in shipping: natural gas to make engines more eco-friendly
- 02/02/2015Sucker punch: the European research project dealing a blow to mosquitoes
- 26/01/2015Picture this: a safe way to transport priceless paintings
- 19/01/2015Building the planes (and maybe lowering the air fares) of the future
- 24/11/2014Turning the tide in the war against AIDS
- 17/11/2014Fresh and safe from field to plate
- 10/11/2014Watching for bubbles: storing CO2 at sea
- 03/11/2014Longer life for damaged livers
- 27/10/2014Tsunami alert
- 20/10/2014Building houses with bacteria
- 13/10/2014In the smart city of Santander the walls have ears
- 06/10/2014Picking your moments: the science behind foraging in forests
- 29/09/2014Tomatoes with a can do attitude
- 22/09/2014Breathing forest: assessing climate change impact on Earth’s lungs
- 15/09/2014Rise of the machines