- Waste not, want not: Ghana’s mushrooming bio-waste initiative 22/06/2015
- Is seafood still safe to eat? 15/06/2015
- Helping farms produce more crops with less water 08/06/2015
- Root cause: making crop plants better at sourcing water and nutrients 01/06/2015
- Recharging without cables: the road ahead for electric cars 22/05/2015
- Hidden dimensions: 3D scanner reveals the inner secrets of artworks 18/05/2015
- Saving water from waste in chemical plants 11/05/2015
- Resistance movement: the battle to beat the antibiotic-proof superbug 04/05/2015
- The walking robot set to help elderly people live an autonomous life 24/04/2015
- Portuguese researchers discover the secret of Mind Control 20/04/2015
DO YOU KNOW?
Do you know: what’s a cable robot?
Do you know: can waste be food?
Do you know: do fish feel global warming?
Do you know: can crops grow without water?
Do you know: roots or branches, which grow…
Do you know: what is an unplugged vehicule?
Do you know: can graphene see through time?
How to solve the water scarcity problem?
Do you know: what are…
Do you know: what’s a robotic walker?
Do you know: how will drones change the…
Do you know: how smart is a coaster?
Do you know: what’s worse than oil…
Do you know: what’s better, the eye or…
Do you know: can electronics fight…
Do you know: is there a future for 2…
Do you know: how to fly around the world in…
Do you know: how to get to the road of the…
Do you know: can our cells create medicines?
Do you know: can you cruise on natural gas?
Do you know: can matter think?
Do you know: where’s the cure for HIV?
Do you know: what’s a bubble-box?
Do you know: can we boost injured livers?
Do you know: can you run away from a tsunami?
Do you know: can bacteria build houses?
Do you know: what is a smart city?
Do you know: who owns mushrooms in a forest?
Do you know: which material keeps food best…
Do you know: how are we killing the forests?
Do you know: what is a soft robot?
Do you know: what’s the wood wide web?
Do you know: why kill rats?
Do you know: can trees move planes?
Do you know: can water kill you?
Do you know: can we survive without bees?
Do you know: is wild fish better than farm…
Do you know: do injured brains dream?
Do you know: can plants speak?
Do you know: can the sea cure cancer?
Do you know: Can machinery speak?
Do you know: can crab shells be toxic?
How to find someone lost at sea?
Do you know: are broken eggs a threat?
10/04 11:10 CET
Helping stroke survivors improve their quality of life is the goal of a…
06/04 11:48 CET
Marine oil spills can be extremely difficult to deal with, requiring a lot of time and effort by experts to remove the…
30/03 11:42 CET
Bridges, tunnels and other civil engineering structures could become safer thanks to self-repairing being developed as part of a…
23/03 11:57 CET
As we age our eyes lose their ability to focus quickly on near and far…
16/03 11:38 CET
A small sensor, headphones and a mobile phone – the elements of a prototype…
09/03 11:51 CET
Art and computer science combine in a European project revolutionising the…
02/03 12:26 CET
Passenger planes today are comfortable and reliable, but could they fly faster? The latest engineering developments suggest we…
13/05 11:44 CET
At a training ground for firefighters near Barcelona, scientists and rescue workers from all over Europe are working together on…
23/02 12:34 CET
A new type of road surface, partly made from old tyres, can help reduce road noise and is a cheaper option than noise barriers.
13/02 11:14 CET
Groundbreaking German research into the RNA molecule is giving hope of a major leap forward in the treatment of prostate cancer…
09/02 13:13 CET
A new generation of LNG-diesel engines is set to transform shipping. But is the market ready to adapt?
02/02 14:04 CET
Using a simple device based on a tube and netting European scientists believe…
26/01 16:24 CET
At Rome’s National Gallery of Ancient Art crate up “Narcissus”, a masterpiece by Caravaggio, in preparation for a long journey…
19/01 18:36 CET
Intelligent, extremely tough and ultralight; these are the anticipated characteristics of the materials that will be used to…
24/11/14 11:11 CET
The AIDS pandemic has claimed the lives of nearly 40 million people. Another 35 million are living with HIV. Scientists around…
17/11/14 11:13 CET
“Cases of food poisoning from vegetables affect more people and lead to more hospitalisations than those from…
10/11/14 17:40 CET
Is it possible to safely dispose of excess CO2 by storing it deep in the seabed? And what would be the effect on the ecosystem…
03/11/14 16:28 CET
Three years ago the lives of Andrew Ryan and his family changed forever when he was diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver. His…
27/10/14 11:43 CET
The ocean can be ruthless and unpredictable. Tsunamis strike without warning, taking thousands of lives. How can we spot an…
- 20/10/2014Building houses with bacteria
- 13/10/2014In the smart city of Santander the walls have ears
- 06/10/2014Picking your moments: the science behind foraging in forests
- 29/09/2014Tomatoes with a can do attitude
- 22/09/2014Breathing forest: assessing climate change impact on Earth’s lungs
- 15/09/2014Rise of the machines
- 08/09/2014New skins for leaky buildings
- 28/07/2014A robot that grows
- 21/07/2014Robots of the deep
- 14/07/2014Spray the rats away – better ways to rid us of rodents
- 07/07/2014Growing greener fuel for cleaner transport
- 30/06/2014Is it safe? Seeking a universal test for fresh water
- 23/06/2014The Plight of the Pollinators
- 16/06/2014Fish of the future
- 09/06/2014A second chance for injured brains
- 02/06/2014Talking Plants
- 26/05/2014Deep cure
- 19/05/2014Good vibrations
- 12/05/2014From crab shells to raw materials
- 05/05/2014Don’t panic
- 28/04/2014Longer life for broken eggs
- 21/04/2014Richer soil from old bones