- A fishy tale of more taste less waste 01/02/2016
- The big bag theory: a cheap and innovative way to transport fresh water 25/01/2016
- How I learned to stop worrying about snakes and love the venom 18/01/2016
- Three diverse European projects with a handle on climate change 23/11/2015
- Surgical avatars promise medical revolution 16/11/2015
- Confronting the epidemy that is diabetes 09/11/2015
- Hovercraft innovation: multi-tasking on a cushion of air 02/11/2015
- A brighter future? EU researchers harness the power of light 26/10/2015
- Saving brain cells during cancer surgery 19/10/2015
- Forklifts of the future: Sensors & the Factory 12/10/2015
DO YOU KNOW?
Do you know: can computers heal spines?
Do you know: how to fly first class and…
Do you know: how to dance through air?
Do you know: do helicopters need pilots?
Do you know: can sport prevent diabetes?
Do you know: what drives like a bike, loads…
Do you know: why is the sky blue?
Do you know: what colours do animals see?
Do you know: can sensors produce soda?
Do you know: what’s the ambulance of…
Do you know: how does soil clean water?
Do you know: can a car see?
Do you know: are there still treasures under…
Do you know: can grass save the planet?
Do you know: is plastic packaging bad for…
Do you know: what’s better – a…
Do you know: what is a dirty bomb?
Do you know: what’s a cable robot?
Do you know: can waste be food?
Do you know: do fish feel global warming?
Do you know: can crops grow without water?
Do you know: roots or branches, which grow…
Do you know: what is an unplugged vehicule?
Do you know: can graphene see through time?
How to solve the water scarcity problem?
Do you know: what are…
Do you know: what’s a robotic walker?
Do you know: how will drones change the…
Do you know: how smart is a coaster?
Do you know: what’s worse than oil…
Do you know: what’s better, the eye or…
Do you know: can electronics fight…
Do you know: is there a future for 2…
Do you know: how to fly around the world in…
Do you know: how to get to the road of the…
Do you know: can our cells create medicines?
Do you know: can you cruise on natural gas?
Do you know: can matter think?
Do you know: where’s the cure for HIV?
Do you know: what’s a bubble-box?
02/10/15 11:02 CET
Every year all over Europe ambulances come to the aid of millions of people. …
28/09/15 11:24 CET
In an increasingly drought-hit world recycling water is hugely important. A European research project is helping the cause
21/09/15 12:41 CET
Selfing-driving, intelligent cars, once a staple of science fiction, are now a technological reality, albeit in prototype form…
14/09/15 11:18 CET
Underwater archaeology is an exciting, but sometimes risky field of studies. To eliminate those risks a European research…
07/09/15 12:30 CET
Whey from cheese production and other agricultural waste can be a valuable raw material for new biodegradable plastic. …
18/08/15 06:01 CET
It has long been known that, below the surface, works of art often contain important information about how they were created…
27/07/15 11:24 CET
European research project in Ireland offers promise of an alternative energy source from non-native myscanthus grass cultivated…
20/07/15 11:43 CET
Most of the food we buy is packed in plastic, metal or other fabricated materials. That makes it easy to store and transport…
13/07/15 11:30 CET
Transportation costs affect the price of any goods we buy, so reducing them could help our pockets. Road transportation is…
06/07/15 12:39 CET
Futuris reporter Denis Loctier looks at the work of the ‘atomic detectives,’…
29/06/15 11:31 CET
At a research facility near Montpellier in southern France, a mock-up of a…
22/06/15 11:45 CET
Managing food waste is both a challenge and an opportunity for developping countries. Every month, the St. Baasa factory in west…
15/06/15 12:24 CET
Fisheries are an excellent source of fresh and tasty fish that won’t harm marine resources. But can we be sure that these fish…
08/06/15 13:54 CET
Is it possible – in agriculture – to produce more with less water? That’s the aim of a European research project taking place…
01/06/15 11:31 CET
Increasing a plant’s ability to locate and absorb water and nutrients through its roots could potentially lead to bigger and…
22/05/15 11:16 CET
Electric vehicles are undoubtedly a form of transport with a future, but many technical challenges have to be overcome before…
13/05/15 11:44 CET
At a training ground for firefighters near Barcelona, scientists and rescue workers from all over Europe are working together on…
11/05/15 11:41 CET
This edition of Futuris explores how new technologies can help recycle the water used in chemical plants to make these more…
04/05/15 13:40 CET
Antibiotics have saved countless lives since the discovery of penicillin in 1928, but their indiscriminate use means some…
- 24/04/2015The walking robot set to help elderly people live an autonomous life
- 20/04/2015Portuguese researchers discover the secret of Mind Control
- 10/04/2015Surviving strokes: University of Birmingham leading research into cutting edge rehab technology
- 06/04/2015Slik operation: new device to remove oil from troubled waters
- 30/03/2015Building for the future with self-repairing concrete
- 23/03/2015Vision of the future: new adaptable lens to prolong sight of aging eyes
- 16/03/2015Movement sensor device improves life quality for Parkinson’s patients
- 09/03/2015Tainted love: software transforms the painstaking art of colouring old cartoons
- 02/03/2015Will hypersonic passenger planes ever be a reality?
- 23/02/2015Elastic road surface reduces motorway noise pollution
- 13/02/2015Messenger RNA: the molecule that may teach our bodies to beat cancer
- 09/02/2015Sea change in shipping: natural gas to make engines more eco-friendly
- 02/02/2015Sucker punch: the European research project dealing a blow to mosquitoes
- 26/01/2015Picture this: a safe way to transport priceless paintings
- 19/01/2015Building the planes (and maybe lowering the air fares) of the future
- 24/11/2014Turning the tide in the war against AIDS
- 17/11/2014Fresh and safe from field to plate
- 10/11/2014Watching for bubbles: storing CO2 at sea
- 03/11/2014Longer life for damaged livers
- 27/10/2014Tsunami alert
- 20/10/2014Building houses with bacteria
- 13/10/2014In the smart city of Santander the walls have ears