BREAKING NEWS
This content is not available in your region

Opening ceremony director dismissed after past comments on Holocaust, Tokyo 2020 says

Access to the comments Comments
By Reuters
Opening ceremony director dismissed after past comments on Holocaust, Tokyo 2020 says
Opening ceremony director dismissed after past comments on Holocaust, Tokyo 2020 says   -   Copyright  Thomson Reuters 2021
Text size Aa Aa

TOKYO – The director of the opening ceremony of the Tokyo 2020 Olympics has been dismissed, organisers said on Thursday, following news reports about his past comments on the Holocaust.

Tokyo 2020 President Seiko Hashimoto told a briefing that Kentaro Kobayashi had been dismissed because of past comments that made fun of a tragedy.