BREAKING NEWS
This content is not available in your region

Suez Canal starts dredging work to extend double lane - statement

Access to the comments Comments
Suez Canal starts dredging work to extend double lane - statement
Suez Canal starts dredging work to extend double lane - statement   -   Copyright  (c) Copyright Thomson Reuters 2021. Click For Restrictions - https://agency.reuters.com/en/copyright.html
Text size Aa Aa

CAIRO (Reuters) – The Suez Canal Authority (SCA) has started dredging work to extend a second lane that allows for two-way traffic in a southern section of the canal near to where a giant container ship got stuck for six days in March, it said on Saturday.

The SCA has said previously that it planned to extend a second canal lane that opened in 2015 by 10 km to make it 82 km long, and that it would widen and deepen a single lane stretch at the southern end of the canal.

(Writing by Aidan Lewis; Editing by David Clarke)

euronews provides breaking news articles from reuters as a service to its readers, but does not edit the articles it publishes. Articles appear on euronews.com for a limited time.