Euronews is no longer accessible on Internet Explorer. This browser is not updated by Microsoft and does not support the last technical evolutions. We encourage you to use another browser, such as Edge, Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.

BREAKING NEWS

BREAKING NEWS

Neymar ruled out for four weeks with ankle injury - PSG

Neymar ruled out for four weeks with ankle injury - PSG
FILE PHOTO: Soccer Football - International Friendly - Brazil v Qatar - Mane Garrincha Stadium, Brasilia, Brazil - June 5, 2019 Brazil’s Neymar during the warm up REUTERS/Ueslei Marcelino/File Photo -
Copyright
UESLEI MARCELINO(Reuters)
Text size Aa Aa

PARIS (Reuters) – Brazil striker Neymar is expected to be out of action for four weeks after picking up an ankle injury in a Copa America warm-up game this week, his club Paris St Germain said on Saturday.

The 27-year-old Neymar was hurt in a 2-0 win over Qatar on Wednesday and was ruled out of the Copa America which starts on June 14 in Brazil.

“The two (club) doctors diagnosed a sprain of the lateral ligament of the right ankle without surgical indication, to be treated with conservative treatment,” PSG said in a statement.

“The Paris St Germain striker is expected to return on the field in four weeks time.”

Neymar has been accused by a woman of raping her at a Paris hotel last month, according to a police report.

He has denied the accusation which is being investigated by Sao Paulo police.

(Reporting by Julien Pretot; Editing by Ed Osmond)

euronews provides breaking news articles from reuters as a service to its readers, but does not edit the articles it publishes. Articles appear on euronews.com for a limited time.