BREAKING NEWS

BREAKING NEWS

Rosneft's Sechin calls reports of Eni withdrawal "lies"

Now Reading :

Rosneft's Sechin calls reports of Eni withdrawal "lies"

Text size Aa Aa

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Igor Sechin, the head of Russia's largest oil producer Rosneft <ROSN.MM> said on Wednesday that reports of a withdrawal by Italy's Eni <ENI.MI> from joint projects were "lies" and that cooperation between the two continues as normal.

"Our cooperation with Eni continues as planned. They have not withdrawn from any projects. Work continues, and continues according to our agreements," Sechin said.

Earlier on Wednesday, Interfax news agency reported that the two oil majors were discussing the terms of a suspension of their joint hydrocarbon projects in the Black Sea and in the Barents Sea, citing an unnamed Russian government official.

(Reporting by Olesya Astakhova; Writing by Polina Ivanova; Editing by Emelia Sithole-Matarise)

euronews provides breaking news articles from reuters as a service to its readers, but does not edit the articles it publishes. Articles appear on euronews.com for a limited time.