Retreating ice reveals plants which show the extent of glacier melt. Researchers are sounding the alarm for global warming.
SCIENCE - 29/07 11:28 CET
Medical marijuana has been legal in Italy since 2007. The army have developed…
HI-TECH - 28/07 14:09 CET
If you’ve watched an opera or a foreign play, you may have noticed the surtitles above the stage. One company in France is…
HI-TECH - 27/07 15:25 CET
Climbers of Mount Fuji can now flash their ascent and conquest of Japan’s highest peak in an instant. Selfies can be uploaded on…
FUTURIS - 27/07 11:24 CET
European research project in Ireland offers promise of an alternative energy source from non-native myscanthus grass cultivated…
23/07 18:46 CET
NASA says its Kepler Mission has discovered an earth-size planet similar to our own. The new discovery, called Kepler-452b…
SPACE - 22/07 16:42 CET
Claudia Alexander, one of the leading scientists in the Rosetta mission, has died at the age of 56. Claudia headed the …
20/07 16:08 CET
Professor Stephen Hawking and Russian entrepreneur Yuri Milner have launched a project to search for alien life. The initiative…
HI-TECH - 20/07 14:10 CET
Nine-year-old Kamogelo is one of many school children living in impoverished communities in South Africa affected by power cuts…
FUTURIS - 20/07 11:43 CET
Most of the food we buy is packed in plastic, metal or other fabricated materials. That makes it easy to store and transport…
FUTURIS - 20/07 11:42 CET
Are we safe from harmful chemicals when we buy plastic-packaged food? Catherine Simoneau, head of the European reference…
HI-TECH - 16/07 14:19 CET
Everything is smart these days even paint. French company Olikrom, based in Bordeaux, has developed a pigment which changes…
16/07 04:15 CET
The first close-up views of Pluto stun NASA scientists as they reveal…
15/07 18:26 CET
The Swiss team trying to fly a solar-powered plane around the world has abandoned its effort for this year. The Solar Impulse’s…
SCIENCE - 13/07 11:48 CET
A potentially life-saving microchip has been developed to forewarn patients suffering from heart problems of any deterioration…
SCIENCE - 09/07 15:09 CET
Visitors to Iceland are getting a new perspective on one of Europe’s largest glaciers, Langjökull A 550 metre-long tunnel has…
SCIENCE - 08/07 11:06 CET
The Salton Sea, California’s largest lake, is shrinking. The moribund water is fed by agricultural run-off, but as California is…
08/07 09:30 CET
On July 14, 2015, NASA’s New Horizons space probe will fly past the dwarf planet Pluto for the first ever close-up view of…
FUTURIS - 06/07 12:39 CET
Futuris reporter Denis Loctier looks at the work of the ‘atomic detectives,’…
- 06/07 - FUTURIS - Do you know: what is a dirty bomb?
- 06/07 - SCIENCE - Bart Knols: Waging war on mosquitoes
- 06/07 - HI-TECH - The Eureka project: 30 years of research and innovation across borders
- 02/07 - SCIENCE - Machines confused by human-induced “leap second”
- 01/07 - SCIENCE - Usound app provides sound solutions for the hard of hearing
- 30/06 - SCIENCE - Exploring the brain while we chat to better understand how it works
- 29/06 - HI-TECH - New app puts everyone on the map
- 29/06 - FUTURIS - Movers, not shakers: cable-driven robots may lift European heavy industry
- 29/06 - FUTURIS - Do you know: what’s a cable robot?
- 25/06 - SCIENCE - Back to nature for the swimming pools of the future
- 24/06 - SCIENCE - Tiny gecko could hold secret to new water repellent materials
- 23/06 - HI-TECH - RFID chips: a key to more or less freedom?
- 22/06 - HI-TECH - New app helps EU citizens settle in country of choice
- 22/06 - FUTURIS - Waste not, want not: Ghana’s mushrooming bio-waste initiative
- 22/06 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can waste be food?
- 19/06 - How can drones be used to save lives in the Mediterranean migrant crisis?
- 19/06 - Why is 3D printing key to the future of aviation?
- 19/06 - What’s in store for passengers in the world of In-Flight Entertainment?
- 19/06 - How is wearable technology helping to satisfy the world’s future aviation needs?
- 18/06 - SPACE - It’s rocket science! Inside the Vulcain and Vinci at Vernon
- 18/06 - SPACE - The Astronaut Academy: The ‘rollercoaster ride’ of reentry to Earth
- 18/06 - HI-TECH - Drones and electric planes at the Paris Air Show
- 17/06 - HI-TECH - Auschwitz museum brings in technology to enhance the past
- 16/06 - HI-TECH - Science, technology and medicine honoured at The European Inventors Awards in Paris
- 15/06 - FUTURIS - Is seafood still safe to eat?
- 15/06 - FUTURIS - Do you know: do fish feel global warming?
- 15/06 - SCIENCE - Climate change, erosion and the disappearance of Senegal’s coast
- 11/06 - HI-TECH - An artificial leg which can feel and reduce pain
- 10/06 - HI-TECH - Fixtures and fittings that keep the elderly secure and independent
- 09/06 - HI-TECH - Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 08/06 - HI-TECH - European Inventor Award 2015 ceremony
- 08/06 - FUTURIS - Helping farms produce more crops with less water
- 08/06 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can crops grow without water?
- 08/06 - SCIENCE - Jordan’s Black Desert may hold key to Earth’s first farmers
- 04/06 - HI-TECH - Mobile phone obsessives love viral cartoon
- 03/06 - HI-TECH - Bee rotor navigates like an insect
- 02/06 - SCIENCE - App identifies premature newborns
- 01/06 - SCIENCE - Mind-controlled prosthetics make great strides
- 01/06 - FUTURIS - Root cause: making crop plants better at sourcing water and nutrients
- 01/06 - FUTURIS - Do you know: roots or branches, which grow faster?
- 30/05 - Rosetta: Waking Philae, ESA’s sleeping beauty
- 28/05 - HI-TECH - CES has Asian premiere in Shanghai
- 27/05 - HI-TECH - Estonian mobile bomb shelter can withstand NATO calibre shelling
- 26/05 - SCIENCE - Tracking pilots’ brains to reduce risk of human error
- 25/05 - HI-TECH - Smartphone app could save lives during earthquake say inventors
- 22/05 - FUTURIS - Recharging without cables: the road ahead for electric cars
- 22/05 - FUTURIS - Do you know: what is an unplugged vehicule?
- 21/05 - SCIENCE - Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 21/05 - SPACE - Mars mystery: ExoMars mission to finally resolve question of life on red planet
- 21/05 - SPACE - The Astronaut Academy: “If anything goes wrong, it goes really wrong”
- 20/05 - SPACE - Solar sail tests Sagan’s dream of flying with Sun’s photons
- 20/05 - HI-TECH - Drones are perfect protectors for endangered elephants
- 19/05 - SCIENCE - Shoe chip measures hospital hand-washing
- 18/05 - FUTURIS - Hidden dimensions: 3D scanner reveals the inner secrets of artworks
- 18/05 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can graphene see through time?
- 18/05 - HI-TECH - Memory mirror does away with changing room hassles
- 14/05 - SCIENCE - Melting of Larsen C ice shelf in Antarctic may raise sea levels
- 13/05 - FUTURIS - Tracking down earthquake survivors by their sweat
- 13/05 - HI-TECH - Research identifies the stresses and strains placed on a dancers body
- 12/05 - SCIENCE - Capricorn One becomes reality: recreating Mars in a Utah desert
- 11/05 - SCIENCE - Addicted to sport
- 11/05 - FUTURIS - Saving water from waste in chemical plants
- 11/05 - FUTURIS - How to solve the water scarcity problem?
- 07/05 - HI-TECH - Future Food District: putting man back at the heart of the food chain
- 06/05 - HI-TECH - Robots help stroke victims regain use of arms
- 05/05 - HI-TECH - Augmented reality: the future of advertisement?
- 04/05 - FUTURIS - Resistance movement: the battle to beat the antibiotic-proof superbug
- 04/05 - FUTURIS - Do you know: what are “superbugs”?
- 04/05 - HI-TECH - Move over microwave, here comes the 3D food printer
- 30/04 - HI-TECH - Game of drones: all you need to know before buying one