Rosetta scientists start a fourth period of attempts to make contact with the Philae lander which has been in a deep sleep on Comet 67P since November 2014.
HI-TECH - 27/05 09:30 CET
All that emerges from the ground is a yellow tube, but it is no ordinary plastic pipe. It can withstand NATO calibre shelling…
SCIENCE - 26/05 13:52 CET
Earlier this year, a Germanwings jet carrying 150 people crashed into a remote area of the French Alps, killing everyone on…
HI-TECH - 25/05 12:15 CET
The earthquake measuring 7.8 on the Richter scale that struck Nepal on April 25 killed more than 8,000 people, left tens of…
FUTURIS - 22/05 11:16 CET
Electric vehicles are undoubtedly a form of transport with a future, but many technical challenges have to be overcome before…
SCIENCE - 21/05 13:07 CET
Archaeologists are hard at work sifting through the dirt at a dig in Imiri…
SPACE - 21/05 10:20 CET
The ExoMars 2016 mission will try to answer one of the toughest and most…
SPACE - 21/05 10:19 CET
Sitting on top of a rocket and blast into space requires mental as well as…
SPACE | 26/03 09:31 CET
SCIENCE | 19/03 11:02 CET
SPACE - 20/05 12:13 CET
A shoe-box sized spacecraft launched today to test a solar sail, a unique technology championed by famous astronomer Carl Sagan…
HI-TECH - 20/05 08:31 CET
A drone hovers above Tanzania’s Tarangire National Park its function is to herd on-the-move elephants away from danger. The…
FUTURIS - 18/05 12:01 CET
It has long been known that, below the surface, works of art often contain important information about how they were created…
HI-TECH - 18/05 10:20 CET
All shoppers know that trying on clothes can be time-consuming, demoralizing and tiring. And in a dressing room you often don’t…
SCIENCE - 14/05 11:30 CET
One of the largest ice shelves in Antarctica is under threat, thinning dramatically on both sides, its surface and beneath. The…
HI-TECH - 13/05 10:05 CET
Dancers in Poland are taking part in a research project to help scientists understand the pressures and strains placed on the…
SCIENCE - 12/05 12:08 CET
The surface of Mars as photographed by the American rover Curiosity shows a diverse topography and terrain. Meteorite craters…
HI-TECH - 07/05 13:36 CET
At the heart of EXPO 2015, the Universal Exhibition currently hosted by Milan, lies the Future Food District. One of its…
FUTURIS - 04/05 13:40 CET
Antibiotics have saved countless lives since the discovery of penicillin in 1928, but their indiscriminate use means some…
HI-TECH - 04/05 13:04 CET
It may sound like science fiction, but exhibitors at the first ever 3D Food Printing Conference in The Netherlands believe it is…
HI-TECH - 30/04 15:35 CET
Equipped with eight propellers, the AscTec Falcon 8 octocopter was built with land surveying in mind. It is one of the many…
- 29/04 - HI-TECH - Volcanic mud could make ideal building material, scientists say
- 28/04 - HI-TECH - Will this huge scientific collaboration solve the world’s energy problem?
- 28/04 - SCIENCE - Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru
- 27/04 - HI-TECH - EU-funded smart city renovation in Spain not to everyone’s taste
- 24/04 - FUTURIS - The walking robot set to help elderly people live an autonomous life
- 24/04 - FUTURIS - Do you know: what’s a robotic walker?
- 23/04 - SCIENCE - Scientists’ breakthrough with artificial spider silk
- 23/04 - SPACE - A satellite revolution in oceanography
- 23/04 - SPACE - The Astronaut Academy: “We focus on leg muscles and back muscles”
- 23/04 - SPACE - ESA Astronaut trainer André Rosenberger explains how you get fit for space
- 22/04 - SCIENCE - ‘Heart-on-a-chip’ could replace animals in drug development
- 21/04 - HI-TECH - Energy-generating clothes and smart lights join the Internet of Things
- 20/04 - FUTURIS - Portuguese researchers discover the secret of Mind Control
- 20/04 - FUTURIS - Do you know: how will drones change the world?
- 20/04 - HI-TECH - Chefs of the world unite! The robots are coming…
- 16/04 - SCIENCE - Australian turtle tracking aids understanding and conservation
- 15/04 - HI-TECH - Getting in-touch with virtual reality via soundwaves
- 15/04 - A virtual Christmas 2015?
- 14/04 - HI-TECH - Samsung Galaxy S6 vs HTC One M9: smartphones just got smarter
- 13/04 - SCIENCE - Smartphones changing the way our brain and thumbs interact
- 10/04 - FUTURIS - Surviving strokes: University of Birmingham leading research into cutting edge rehab technology
- 10/04 - FUTURIS - Do you know: how smart is a coaster?
- 09/04 - HI-TECH - New aluminium battery cheaper and greener than lithium say developers
- 08/04 - HI-TECH - Liquid body armour proves to be bullet proof
- 07/04 - HI-TECH - The best in 3D dental care at Imagina in Monaco
- 06/04 - HI-TECH - Visit Europe’s first 3D-printed home in Amsterdam
- 06/04 - FUTURIS - Slik operation: new device to remove oil from troubled waters
- 06/04 - FUTURIS - Do you know: what’s worse than oil spills?
- 02/04 - Up or down Periscope?
- 02/04 - HI-TECH - Innovative smart device tells you when you’ve had enough sun
- 01/04 - HI-TECH - Electronic jewellery that changes with your tastes
- 31/03 - HI-TECH - Cold war erupts over the world’s smartest helmet
- 31/03 - Planets with two suns may be common, say scientists
- 31/03 - Round-the-world solar-powered flight lands in China
- 30/03 - HI-TECH - New app solves maths equations in seconds
- 30/03 - FUTURIS - Building for the future with self-repairing concrete
- 30/03 - FUTURIS - A recipe for self-healing concrete!
- 26/03 - HI-TECH - Smart textile ready to boost performance sports wear market
- 26/03 - SPACE - Comet-chasing Rosetta mission keeps surprising scientists
- 25/03 - HI-TECH - Smart vest-wear tech helps the blind to walk unaided
- 24/03 - HI-TECH - Press to download: Robots readying to assemble near you
- 23/03 - SCIENCE - “Cyberlegs” hold promise for amputees
- 23/03 - FUTURIS - Vision of the future: new adaptable lens to prolong sight of aging eyes
- 23/03 - FUTURIS - Do you know: what’s better, the eye or the camera?
- 18/03 - Will Windows 10 spell the end for passwords?
- 17/03 - HI-TECH - Internet banking: a hacker’s ideal target
- 16/03 - Mind the polar bears: How to watch a solar eclipse
- 16/03 - HI-TECH - Take a ride in this new eco-friendly electric watercraft
- 16/03 - FUTURIS - Movement sensor device improves life quality for Parkinson’s patients
- 16/03 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can electronics fight Parkinson’s?
- 13/03 - What’s life like aboard the International Space Station?
- 12/03 - HI-TECH - Smart bicycle vibrates to warn of danger
- 11/03 - HI-TECH - Ultrasonic technology could reveal cracks in planes and bridges
- 10/03 - HI-TECH - Drivers superfluous at Geneva Motor Show
- 09/03 - HI-TECH - Visa brings contactless purchases with your phone a swish nearer
- 09/03 - FUTURIS - Do you know: is there a future for 2D animation?
- 05/03 - HI-TECH - Barcelona hosts mobile industry extravaganza
- 04/03 - SCIENCE - Major coastal cities face inundation because of global warming
- 03/03 - SCIENCE - HIV test via your smartphone in 15 minutes
- 02/03 - SCIENCE - Put a cow in your car: scientists produce fuel from animal fat
- 02/03 - FUTURIS - Will hypersonic passenger planes ever be a reality?
- 02/03 - FUTURIS - Do you know: how to fly around the world in 3 hours?
- 27/02 - SCIENCE - Alain Hubert: “It’s not that cold, the average is about -20C”
- 27/02 - Mystery bright spots on dwarf planet Ceres puzzle Nasa
- 26/02 - HI-TECH - Drumming in thin air: invisible drum kit allows player to perform anywhere
- 26/02 - SPACE - Philae, drones, bedbugs and astronauts: How startups take space tech down to Earth