Futuris reporter Denis Loctier looks at the work of the ‘atomic detectives,’ scientists that keep us safe from the risk of radioactive criminality
HI-TECH - 06/07 11:46 CET
The Eureka project has just celebrated its 30th anniversary in Lugano. This marks decades of innovation across borders thanks to…
SCIENCE - 01/07 11:43 CET
Around 360 million people worldwide suffer from hearing loss, according to the World Health Organisation. Access to hearing aid…
SCIENCE - 30/06 15:07 CET
How does the human brain, a collection of nearly 100 billion densely packed nerve cells, allow us to think, feel, act and…
FUTURIS - 29/06 11:31 CET
At a research facility near Montpellier in southern France, a mock-up of a…
SCIENCE - 25/06 14:50 CET
This is what the public siwmming pool of the future might look like, 100% natural, no chemicals, only plants and crystal clear…
SCIENCE - 24/06 12:08 CET
It is a humble Australian reptile boasting a special talent. Biologists have discovered that the skin of the box-patterned…
HI-TECH - 22/06 16:00 CET
When it comes to deciding where you want to live and work in Europe, EU citizens enjoy freedom of choice. However, some…
FUTURIS - 22/06 11:45 CET
Managing food waste is both a challenge and an opportunity for developping countries. Every month, the St. Baasa factory in west…
19/06 15:40 CET
Drones have many diverse applications. Sometimes they are used to kill and…
19/06 15:32 CET
Airbus’ latest passenger aircraft, the A350 XWB, contains over 1,000 components that have been 3D-printed rather than…
19/06 15:26 CET
There was a time when in-flight entertainment meant a book or a game of cards…
19/06 15:26 CET
Growing global demand for air travel means the world needs more airplanes…
SPACE - 18/06 11:25 CET
Years in the building, seconds in the launching; rocket engines are truly awesome in their sheer power, but are also amazing…
SPACE - 18/06 11:24 CET
The last leg of the return to Earth from space is one of the trickiest and…
HI-TECH - 17/06 12:50 CET
A museum that depicts life in World War II concentration camps has introduced QR bar codes to better connect with the public.
HI-TECH - 16/06 14:09 CET
The 10th edition of the European Inventors Awards which are presented annually…
SCIENCE - 15/06 10:59 CET
The former French colony on Africa’s west coast is sinking and slipping away due to seaside erosion. Is climate change to…
HI-TECH - 10/06 12:52 CET
As age creeps up on us all new technologies are helping to keep the elderly safe and give peace of mind to adult children who…
- 09/06 - HI-TECH - Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 08/06 - HI-TECH - European Inventor Award 2015 ceremony
- 08/06 - FUTURIS - Helping farms produce more crops with less water
- 08/06 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can crops grow without water?
- 08/06 - SCIENCE - Jordan’s Black Desert may hold key to Earth’s first farmers
- 04/06 - HI-TECH - Mobile phone obsessives love viral cartoon
- 03/06 - HI-TECH - Bee rotor navigates like an insect
- 02/06 - SCIENCE - App identifies premature newborns
- 01/06 - SCIENCE - Mind-controlled prosthetics make great strides
- 01/06 - FUTURIS - Root cause: making crop plants better at sourcing water and nutrients
- 01/06 - FUTURIS - Do you know: roots or branches, which grow faster?
- 30/05 - Rosetta: Waking Philae, ESA’s sleeping beauty
- 28/05 - HI-TECH - CES has Asian premiere in Shanghai
- 27/05 - HI-TECH - Estonian mobile bomb shelter can withstand NATO calibre shelling
- 26/05 - SCIENCE - Tracking pilots’ brains to reduce risk of human error
- 25/05 - HI-TECH - Smartphone app could save lives during earthquake say inventors
- 22/05 - FUTURIS - Recharging without cables: the road ahead for electric cars
- 22/05 - FUTURIS - Do you know: what is an unplugged vehicule?
- 21/05 - SCIENCE - Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 21/05 - SPACE - Mars mystery: ExoMars mission to finally resolve question of life on red planet
- 21/05 - SPACE - The Astronaut Academy: “If anything goes wrong, it goes really wrong”
- 20/05 - SPACE - Solar sail tests Sagan’s dream of flying with Sun’s photons
- 20/05 - HI-TECH - Drones are perfect protectors for endangered elephants
- 19/05 - SCIENCE - Shoe chip measures hospital hand-washing
- 18/05 - FUTURIS - Hidden dimensions: 3D scanner reveals the inner secrets of artworks
- 18/05 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can graphene see through time?
- 18/05 - HI-TECH - Memory mirror does away with changing room hassles
- 14/05 - SCIENCE - Melting of Larsen C ice shelf in Antarctic may raise sea levels
- 13/05 - FUTURIS - Tracking down earthquake survivors by their sweat
- 13/05 - HI-TECH - Research identifies the stresses and strains placed on a dancers body
- 12/05 - SCIENCE - Capricorn One becomes reality: recreating Mars in a Utah desert
- 11/05 - SCIENCE - Addicted to sport
- 11/05 - FUTURIS - Saving water from waste in chemical plants
- 11/05 - FUTURIS - How to solve the water scarcity problem?
- 07/05 - HI-TECH - Future Food District: putting man back at the heart of the food chain
- 06/05 - HI-TECH - Robots help stroke victims regain use of arms
- 05/05 - HI-TECH - Augmented reality: the future of advertisement?
- 04/05 - FUTURIS - Resistance movement: the battle to beat the antibiotic-proof superbug
- 04/05 - FUTURIS - Do you know: what are “superbugs”?
- 04/05 - HI-TECH - Move over microwave, here comes the 3D food printer
- 30/04 - HI-TECH - Game of drones: all you need to know before buying one
- 29/04 - HI-TECH - Volcanic mud could make ideal building material, scientists say
- 28/04 - HI-TECH - Will this huge scientific collaboration solve the world’s energy problem?
- 28/04 - SCIENCE - Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru
- 27/04 - HI-TECH - EU-funded smart city renovation in Spain not to everyone’s taste
- 24/04 - FUTURIS - The walking robot set to help elderly people live an autonomous life
- 24/04 - FUTURIS - Do you know: what’s a robotic walker?
- 23/04 - SCIENCE - Scientists’ breakthrough with artificial spider silk
- 23/04 - SPACE - A satellite revolution in oceanography
- 23/04 - SPACE - The Astronaut Academy: “We focus on leg muscles and back muscles”
- 23/04 - SPACE - ESA Astronaut trainer André Rosenberger explains how you get fit for space
- 22/04 - SCIENCE - ‘Heart-on-a-chip’ could replace animals in drug development
- 21/04 - HI-TECH - Energy-generating clothes and smart lights join the Internet of Things
- 20/04 - FUTURIS - Portuguese researchers discover the secret of Mind Control
- 20/04 - FUTURIS - Do you know: how will drones change the world?
- 20/04 - HI-TECH - Chefs of the world unite! The robots are coming…
- 16/04 - SCIENCE - Australian turtle tracking aids understanding and conservation
- 15/04 - HI-TECH - Getting in-touch with virtual reality via soundwaves
- 15/04 - A virtual Christmas 2015?
- 14/04 - HI-TECH - Samsung Galaxy S6 vs HTC One M9: smartphones just got smarter
- 13/04 - SCIENCE - Smartphones changing the way our brain and thumbs interact
- 10/04 - FUTURIS - Surviving strokes: University of Birmingham leading research into cutting edge rehab technology
- 10/04 - FUTURIS - Do you know: how smart is a coaster?
- 09/04 - HI-TECH - New aluminium battery cheaper and greener than lithium say developers
- 08/04 - HI-TECH - Liquid body armour proves to be bullet proof
- 07/04 - HI-TECH - The best in 3D dental care at Imagina in Monaco
- 06/04 - HI-TECH - Visit Europe’s first 3D-printed home in Amsterdam
- 06/04 - FUTURIS - Slik operation: new device to remove oil from troubled waters
- 06/04 - FUTURIS - Do you know: what’s worse than oil spills?
- 02/04 - Up or down Periscope?