With its 31 buildings, some 1,500 flats housing 4,000 residents, the Torrelago district in Laguna de Duero, near Valladolid in northwestern Spain, is
FUTURIS - 24/04 11:31 CET
How can we help elderly people find their way around places which are new and completely unknown to them? At the Science Museum…
SCIENCE - 23/04 13:12 CET
Spider silk is one of the strongest materials known to man. A strand just 3 cm thick would be able to stop a speeding train…
SPACE - 23/04 11:01 CET
The human body didn’t evolve for spaceflight, so astronauts have to…
SPACE - 23/04 11:00 CET
André Rosenberger is fitness coach to ESA astronauts at the European Astronaut…
SCIENCE - 22/04 12:24 CET
Observing human heart muscle cells normally means opening someone’s chest, but…
HI-TECH - 21/04 12:20 CET
Static electricity is normally a nuisance, or an effect created with balloons and woolly jumpers that makes your hair…
FUTURIS - 20/04 12:49 CET
Mind control is the stuff of pure science fiction, but today reading data from your brain has never been more accurate, and that…
SPACE | 26/03 09:31 CET
SCIENCE | 19/03 11:02 CET
SCIENCE - 16/04 10:16 CET
Marine turtles are among the most endangered species on the planet. In an attempt to assist in the preservation of these unique…
HI-TECH - 15/04 09:32 CET
What if you could actually change sound levels in a night club without touching any buttons? British company Ultrahaptics has…
15/04 08:17 CET
Virtual reality (VR) is not a recent technology; it has been around since at least the 1980s. Since then it has mainly been…
HI-TECH - 14/04 15:41 CET
Smartphone sales passed the one billion mark in 2014 and lots of new models were on display at Barcelona’s Mobile World…
SCIENCE - 13/04 13:42 CET
For many people, it has become second nature: typing text messages, scrolling web pages, and checking email on a smartphone. It…
FUTURIS - 10/04 11:10 CET
Helping stroke survivors improve their quality of life is the goal of a…
HI-TECH - 09/04 11:53 CET
Lithium batteries have been a boon for the modern world replacing the heavier, single-use alkaline type in everything from…
FUTURIS - 06/04 11:48 CET
Marine oil spills can be extremely difficult to deal with, requiring a lot of time and effort by experts to remove the…
02/04 15:01 CET
The phrase in many a heroic maritime movie was ‘up periscope’ a more contemporary version is Periscope app. It marks the…
HI-TECH - 02/04 14:20 CET
Even though you think you are being careful, it’s sometimes hard to know whether you are taking the right steps to protect…
HI-TECH - 01/04 11:21 CET
Hungarian start-up LIBER8 has introduced a piece of wearable jewellery, called ‘Tago Arc’, that allows users to change its…
31/03 13:32 CET
The enduring image of Luke Skywalker staring at two suns on his planet of Tatooine in the film Star Wars resonates with many…
- 31/03 - Round-the-world solar-powered flight lands in China
- 30/03 - HI-TECH - New app solves maths equations in seconds
- 30/03 - FUTURIS - Building for the future with self-repairing concrete
- 30/03 - FUTURIS - A recipe for self-healing concrete!
- 26/03 - HI-TECH - Smart textile ready to boost performance sports wear market
- 26/03 - SPACE - Comet-chasing Rosetta mission keeps surprising scientists
- 25/03 - HI-TECH - Smart vest-wear tech helps the blind to walk unaided
- 24/03 - HI-TECH - Press to download: Robots readying to assemble near you
- 23/03 - SCIENCE - “Cyberlegs” hold promise for amputees
- 23/03 - FUTURIS - Vision of the future: new adaptable lens to prolong sight of aging eyes
- 23/03 - FUTURIS - Do you know: what’s better, the eye or the camera?
- 18/03 - Will Windows 10 spell the end for passwords?
- 17/03 - HI-TECH - Internet banking: a hacker’s ideal target
- 16/03 - Mind the polar bears: How to watch a solar eclipse
- 16/03 - HI-TECH - Take a ride in this new eco-friendly electric watercraft
- 16/03 - FUTURIS - Movement sensor device improves life quality for Parkinson’s patients
- 16/03 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can electronics fight Parkinson’s?
- 13/03 - What’s life like aboard the International Space Station?
- 12/03 - HI-TECH - Smart bicycle vibrates to warn of danger
- 11/03 - HI-TECH - Ultrasonic technology could reveal cracks in planes and bridges
- 10/03 - HI-TECH - Drivers superfluous at Geneva Motor Show
- 09/03 - HI-TECH - Visa brings contactless purchases with your phone a swish nearer
- 09/03 - FUTURIS - Do you know: is there a future for 2D animation?
- 05/03 - HI-TECH - Barcelona hosts mobile industry extravaganza
- 04/03 - SCIENCE - Major coastal cities face inundation because of global warming
- 03/03 - SCIENCE - HIV test via your smartphone in 15 minutes
- 02/03 - SCIENCE - Put a cow in your car: scientists produce fuel from animal fat
- 02/03 - FUTURIS - Will hypersonic passenger planes ever be a reality?
- 02/03 - FUTURIS - Do you know: how to fly around the world in 3 hours?
- 27/02 - SCIENCE - Alain Hubert: “It’s not that cold, the average is about -20C”
- 27/02 - Mystery bright spots on dwarf planet Ceres puzzle Nasa
- 26/02 - HI-TECH - Drumming in thin air: invisible drum kit allows player to perform anywhere
- 26/02 - SPACE - Philae, drones, bedbugs and astronauts: How startups take space tech down to Earth
- 26/02 - SPACE - The Astronaut Academy: “As soon as they progress, we start adding malfunctions”
- 26/02 - SPACE - ESA astronaut Thomas Pesquet on Mars, Rosetta and space tourism
- 25/02 - HI-TECH - Project Anywhere: an out-of-body experience of a new kind
- 24/02 - SCIENCE - Mapping the unborn baby’s brain to better combat disease
- 23/02 - FUTURIS - Elastic road surface reduces motorway noise pollution
- 23/02 - FUTURIS - Do you know: how to get to the road of the future?
- 19/02 - SCIENCE - Could virtual body swapping reduce racism?
- 18/02 - HI-TECH - Robot cuttlefish ready for underwater action
- 17/02 - SCIENCE - Mind games developed as researchers take a peek into premature brains
- 16/02 - SCIENCE - Live – World Innovation Summit for Health 2015
- 16/02 - SCIENCE - 3D vaccine could help fight cancer
- 13/02 - FUTURIS - Messenger RNA: the molecule that may teach our bodies to beat cancer
- 13/02 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can our cells create medicines?
- 12/02 - HI-TECH - Paris jeweller uses 3D replicas to make unique luxury pieces
- 11/02 - SPACE - European Space Agency’s IXV wingless experimental spacecraft successfully returns to earth.
- 11/02 - HI-TECH - Implanted RFID chip controls office access for Stockholm workers
- 10/02 - HI-TECH - Mobile phone app helps Syrian refugees settle in Turkey
- 09/02 - FUTURIS - Sea change in shipping: natural gas to make engines more eco-friendly
- 09/02 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can you cruise on natural gas?
- 05/02 - Cleaner, greener shower could save hundreds of euros a year
- 05/02 - SCIENCE - The fairest of them all: monkeys learn to recognise reflection in mirror
- 04/02 - HI-TECH - Smart glasses use 3D cameras to help visually impaired see
- 02/02 - HI-TECH - Share touch, smell and taste via the internet
- 02/02 - FUTURIS - Sucker punch: the European research project dealing a blow to mosquitoes
- 02/02 - HI-TECH - Making the invisible visible
- 29/01 - SPACE - Dark matter, dark energy: ESA and CERN set to unravel mysteries of the cosmos
- 29/01 - SPACE - The Astronaut Academy: ‘Learning Russian is the biggest challenge’
- 29/01 - SPACE - ESA EAC chief Frank De Winne on what it takes to be an astronaut
- 29/01 - SPACE - ESA astronaut Andreas Mogensen on dreams, infinity and training for space
- 29/01 - HI-TECH - Meet the “green” snow cannon: Neve XN
- 28/01 - HI-TECH - Multiple uses for Hector the stick insect robot
- 27/01 - HI-TECH - Solar carport: using sunlight to make electric cars cheaper to run
- 26/01 - FUTURIS - Picture this: a safe way to transport priceless paintings