The design lab Studio Diip in the Netherlands, has created what they claim is the first self-driving car for fish, dubbing it ‘Fish on Wheels. A webcam monitors what direction the fish is swimming, and converts this into instructions to steer the car. It is fun, but it has a serious purpose too. The developers say they are…
SCIENCE - 23/07 13:17 CET
Staying safe in the sun is a perennial problem. Sun creams exist but they are not perfect. They only offer partial protection…
URBAN VISIONS - 21/07 12:44 CET
Christine Loh is the Under Secretary for the Environment in Hong Kong, one of…
HI-TECH - 17/07 15:59 CET
Adrenalin junkies can look forward to a new source of excitement. AirDog is a newly developed autonomous drone that will…
16/07 20:49 CET
“Look beyond Europe,” for the reasons the aerospace industry continues to enjoy growth. That’s the advice of Alan Pardoe of…
16/07 15:33 CET
It has been a record-breaking 62nd edition of the Farnborough International Airshow, with over 1,500 exhibitors taking…
SCIENCE - 16/07 13:53 CET
Children with autism and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) are not usually diagnosed until they are at least two…
15/07 18:13 CET
Big, big and bigger. At first sight, size seems to be what matters for the aerospace industry. But if you look closer…
15/07 18:10 CET
Colin Clark is the Editor of Breaking Defense and an expert on the impact of conflict on the aerospace industry. In this…
HI-TECH - 15/07 13:19 CET
Silent, ultralight and energy-efficient – the developers of this car of…
14/07 18:53 CET
It dominates the ground at the Farnborough Airshow near London. Airbus makers are hoping the A380 will be ever present in the…
14/07 18:45 CET
The Textron Scorpion fighter jet made its debut on the international stage at the Farnborough Airshow. It has been described as…
HI-TECH - 14/07 13:24 CET
The European Union has launched the latest phase of its massive 80 billion euro research and development programme, with calls…
FUTURIS - 14/07 13:20 CET
Rats damage crops, buildings and infrastructure, costing billions of euros every year. They also carry more than 60 diseases…
08/07 17:06 CET
Scientists in Britain say they have made an important breakthrough in attempts to develop a test for Alzheimer’s…
HI-TECH - 08/07 13:06 CET
Scientists in London have developed a system that enables wheelchair users to…
SCIENCE - 01/07 15:59 CET
Interview Sarah McNair Landry is a modern day polar adventurer and film-maker. At age 18 she became the youngest…
- 01/07 - SCIENCE - Turning dreams into reality
- 30/06 - FUTURIS - Is it safe? Seeking a universal test for fresh water
- 30/06 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can water kill you?
- 30/06 - HI-TECH - Space balloon trips move closer
- 27/06 - HI-TECH - Helping humanoids to help humans
- 26/06 - HI-TECH - What the Elf is this – bike or car?
- 25/06 - HI-TECH - Recycled glass is not just green, it also pays off
- 24/06 - SCIENCE - Fighting back against ‘intelligent’ drug-resistant bacteria
- 23/06 - URBAN VISIONS - Breathing better in the Big Apple
- 23/06 - URBAN VISIONS - Is the golden age of natural gas upon us?
- 23/06 - FUTURIS - The Plight of the Pollinators
- 23/06 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can we survive without bees?
- 20/06 - Europe’s E-ELT blast marks first step in new science mega-project
- 19/06 - SCIENCE - Fruit and veg get the eternal youth treatment
- 18/06 - HI-TECH - 3D printers used to make aeroplanes
- 17/06 - HI-TECH - The Ultimate fuel and emission saving device
- 16/06 - FUTURIS - Fish of the future
- 16/06 - FUTURIS - Do you know: is wild fish better than farm fish?
- 13/06 - SPACE - Comet Hunters: Approaching the target
- 13/06 - HI-TECH - European Inventor Award 2014 live ceremony
- 12/06 - HI-TECH - Video games craze descends on City of Angels
- 11/06 - SCIENCE - Seeing inside insects to mimic their movements and build better machines
- 10/06 - SCIENCE - Monaco museum to clean up sharks’ bad image
- 09/06 - FUTURIS - A second chance for injured brains
- 09/06 - FUTURIS - Do you know: do injured brains dream?
- 09/06 - SCIENCE - Why octopuses don’t get into a tangle
- 06/06 - Huge ‘Beast’ asteroid to fly by Earth on Sunday
- 05/06 - SCIENCE - Clever buoy makes a splash
- 04/06 - HI-TECH - Revealed – restoring caryatids in the Acropolis Museum
- 03/06 - SCIENCE - Exploring space will unlock the secrets of our planet
- 03/06 - HI-TECH - Radiosurgery advances in cancer treatments
- 02/06 - FUTURIS - Talking Plants
- 02/06 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can plants speak?
- 02/06 - HI-TECH - Skype-like robot stands in as caregiver for elderly
- 29/05 - SCIENCE - Ancient textiles get new lease of life in Florence
- 28/05 - SCIENCE - The pliosaur which could smell like a crocodile and swallow a cow in one bite
- 27/05 - HI-TECH - Writing the future – will the tablet replace the pen?
- 26/05 - FUTURIS - Deep cure
- 26/05 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can the sea cure cancer?
- 26/05 - HI-TECH - Scanning liquids at airports
- 23/05 - SPACE - Comet Hunters: ‘This is the key moment’
- 22/05 - SCIENCE - British Museum brings mummies to life
- 22/05 - SPACE - Echoes from the Big Bang
- 21/05 - HI-TECH - Robotic arm could be answer to space debris
- 20/05 - HI-TECH - Eco-marathon: extreme energy efficiency on the road
- 19/05 - FUTURIS - Good vibrations
- 19/05 - FUTURIS - Do you know: Can machinery speak?
- 19/05 - HI-TECH - A magic carpet to guide your way
- 15/05 - SCIENCE - West Antarctic glaciers melting at ‘unstoppable’ rate
- 14/05 - HI-TECH - Sweden: Very handy palm payments system takes off
- 13/05 - HI-TECH - Demystifying solar energy
- 13/05 - SCIENCE - What will we discover when we switch the LHC back on?
- 12/05 - FUTURIS - From crab shells to raw materials
- 12/05 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can crab shells be toxic?
- 12/05 - HI-TECH - A helmet against depression
- 08/05 - HI-TECH - Rome’s pride revealed: Colosseum clean-up underway
- 07/05 - HI-TECH - Astronomy app’s popularity skyrockets
- 06/05 - HI-TECH - A driverless future
- 05/05 - FUTURIS - Don’t panic
- 05/05 - FUTURIS - How to find someone lost at sea?
- 05/05 - SCIENCE - Keeping a closer eye on reindeer and penguins
- 01/05 - SCIENCE - Replication saves Tutankhamun’s tomb
- 30/04 - SCIENCE - Aliens of the sea
- 29/04 - HI-TECH - The car that reads your face: safer driving for the future
- 28/04 - FUTURIS - Longer life for broken eggs
- 28/04 - FUTURIS - Do you know: are broken eggs a threat?