The European Space Agency is poised to launch the third satellite in the Copernicus programme called Sentinel-3 later this month. The Sentinels
FUTURIS - 05/02 11:33 CET
A sedentary lifestyle can lead to cardiovascular disease, diabetes and obesity. That is why a European Union research project…
SCIENCE - 28/01 16:11 CET
Earth has just experienced the hottest year since records began, according to…
HI-TECH - 27/01 11:12 CET
Moving and learning – learning by moving. It sounds like a paradox but it is a…
FUTURIS - 25/01 12:07 CET
Fresh water is abundant in some areas of our planet, and scarce in others. We…
SCIENCE - 21/01 16:47 CET
Doing their best to clean up their reputation – vultures equipped with cameras have become the main protagonists of a creative…
SPACE - 21/01 08:46 CET
Tiny satellites the size of a small cube, jam-packed with the most advanced…
SPACE - 21/01 08:45 CET
This year on Space we’ll be following a mission called ExoMars. It’s the first to look for direct signs of life on the red…
21/01 00:47 CET
In 2006 we lost our ninth planet when Pluto was demoted after other small icy bodies were found beyond Neptune. The scientist…
SPACE - 20/01 09:36 CET
It was the disaster that injected a shot of realism into space exploration ambitions and whose impact is still being felt today…
FUTURIS - 18/01 12:10 CET
Extremely venomous animals like snakes have long been feared and exterminated. What you are about to see in this report is that…
SMART CARE - 13/01 11:45 CET
A trial of shared decision making tools in occupational health in the UK shows encouraging results
HI-TECH - 11/01 11:24 CET
When it comes to ideas, the sky is the limit regarding what’s on display at the CES in Las Vegas. Chip making giant Intel has…
- 07/01 - HI-TECH - Driverless cars steal the show at CES
- 06/01 - HI-TECH - Virtual reality headset sales will skyrocket in 2016
- 05/01 - HI-TECH - Addicted to your mobile? The answer is digital detox therapy!
- 17/12 - HI-TECH - Cutting-edge robotic ‘turtle’ to explore shipwrecks
- 16/12 - SMART CARE - Keeping the workplace healthy
- 16/12 - HI-TECH - Cash losing its currency? – Sweden prepares to bid farewell to physical money
- 15/12 - SCIENCE - United Arab Emirates to launch space mission to Mars
- 14/12 - European astronaut Tim Peake’s voyage to the International Space Station
- 14/12 - HI-TECH - Monitoring air pollution
- 10/12 - SCIENCE - The stellarator: a cool name for a mad hot fusion reactor
- 09/12 - HI-TECH - Battle of the robots at Tallin’s University of Technology
- 08/12 - HI-TECH - Drone business takes off in Washington
- 07/12 - HI-TECH - Swansea’s energy-generating lagoon primed for power
- 05/12 - Pluto’s mountains, craters and ice fields revealed close-up by New Horizons
- 04/12 - SPACE - COP21: What’s the future of planet Earth?
- 04/12 - SPACE - The Astronaut Academy: “This thin blue line makes our planet livable.”
- 03/12 - HI-TECH - The house in Stuttgart which uses no fuel
- 02/12 - SCIENCE - Tracking the gases in the Amazon Rainforest
- 01/12 - SCIENCE - ESA’s Lisa Pathfinder mission: the hunt for gravitational waves delayed
- 01/12 - SPACE - LISA Pathfinder’s mission poised to discover the secrets of gravity
- 01/12 - HI-TECH - Palestinian engineer develops affordable gas generator powered by waste
- 30/11 - SCIENCE - China resettles drought-afflicted residents
- 26/11 - HI-TECH - Robots which tap into your feelings on show at Beijing’s World Robot Exhibition
- 25/11 - SCIENCE - Drones playing a crucial part in helping the Spanish Ibex goats.
- 24/11 - HI-TECH - Facebook boasts green data centre in Luleå, Sweden
- 23/11 - SCIENCE - Monte Rosa Glacier shrinking fast say scientists
- 23/11 - FUTURIS - Three diverse European projects with a handle on climate change
- 19/11 - SCIENCE - Observatories combine to create a virtual telescope the size of the Earth
- 19/11 - SPACE - What’s the reality of Earth’s climate in 2015?
- 19/11 - SPACE - Tim Peake on what happens if things go wrong on ISS
- 17/11 - HI-TECH - Everyday innovation at CES New York unveiled
- 16/11 - FUTURIS - Surgical avatars promise medical revolution
- 16/11 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can computers heal spines?
- 16/11 - SCIENCE - Champagne adopts methods to defend the fizz from climate change
- 12/11 - SCIENCE - New blood test improves prostate cancer screening
- 11/11 - FUTURIS - Do you know: how to fly first class and beyond?
- 11/11 - FUTURIS - Do you know: how to dance through air?
- 11/11 - FUTURIS - Do you know: do helicopters need pilots?
- 11/11 - SMART CARE - The challenges of balancing care and career
- 11/11 - HI-TECH - Better farming with drones
- 10/11 - HI-TECH - Forget the instrument: “think” the music
- 09/11 - HI-TECH - New bicycle GPS shows the way without distracting user
- 09/11 - FUTURIS - Confronting the epidemy that is diabetes
- 09/11 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can sport prevent diabetes?
- 05/11 - HI-TECH - ‘Welcome to Germany’ says new app for Syrian refugees
- 04/11 - HI-TECH - Amphibious caravan is the new luxury camping
- 03/11 - HI-TECH - Malmö – a smart city in the making
- 02/11 - SCIENCE - Chinese claim world’s first 3D blood vessel bio-printer
- 02/11 - FUTURIS - Hovercraft innovation: multi-tasking on a cushion of air
- 02/11 - FUTURIS - Do you know: what drives like a bike, loads like a truck and floats like a boat?
- 29/10 - SCIENCE - Red and processed meats cause cancer
- 28/10 - SCIENCE - Villa Nola the final resting place of a Roman Emperor
- 27/10 - HI-TECH - Music score app finishes page-turners
- 26/10 - HI-TECH - Robot fights wildfires while they’re small
- 26/10 - FUTURIS - A brighter future? EU researchers harness the power of light
- 26/10 - FUTURIS - Do you know: why is the sky blue?
- 22/10 - SCIENCE - New research yields surprising finds about Pompeii residents
- 22/10 - SPACE - Unlocking the secrets of the Jupiter’s Icy Moons
- 22/10 - SPACE - Prepare to take-off – training the best to be better
- 21/10 - HI-TECH - What’s it like being shot in a bullet-proof vest?
- 20/10 - HI-TECH - Driverless bus pilot hopes to revolutionise mass transport in Europe
- 19/10 - HI-TECH - Humanoids dance at Hong Kong Electronics Fair
- 19/10 - FUTURIS - Saving brain cells during cancer surgery
- 19/10 - FUTURIS - Do you know: what colours do animals see?
- 16/10 - HI-TECH - Latest gadgets and ICT growth in spotlight at Budapest tech event
- 15/10 - SCIENCE - Purdue University researchers experiment the dangers of heating hair
- 14/10 - SMART CARE - How early intervention helps muscle and joint pain patients back to work
- 14/10 - SCIENCE - The scientific secrets of a weather station on Quelccaya ice cap in Peru
- 13/10 - HI-TECH - Tokyo technology show introduces aerial origami and ping-pong robots
- 12/10 - HI-TECH - Australian technology transforms how farmers will manage fields