Moscow’s ‘Robostation’ exhibition showcases more than 30 internationally-developed robots from rubik’s cube-solving droids to all-singing, all-dancing thespian machines.
SPACE - 27/08 09:00 CET
Floating around in space may sound like fun, but it can put all sort of stresses and strains on the human body. Volker Damann is…
HI-TECH - 26/08 10:00 CET
Mobile phone technology is constantly becoming faster, smarter and more complex, but for some sections of society that’s not…
SCIENCE - 25/08 15:34 CET
This is what Mars would look like to an astronaut arriving there for the first time. To be there would be inspiring, and…
SCIENCE - 24/08 15:35 CET
The road to Fam El Hism in south eastern Morocco is a lonely, hot and dusty one. The harsh climate and low rainfall means little…
19/08 21:19 CET
An unmanned robotic Japanese cargo spacecraft launched from the Tanegashima Space Centre on Wednesday. The “Kounotori” will…
FUTURIS - 18/08 06:01 CET
It has long been known that, below the surface, works of art often contain important information about how they were created…
SPACE - 16/08 11:24 CET
The last leg of the return to Earth from space is one of the trickiest and potentially most dangerous moments in the…
SPACE - 15/08 11:00 CET
André Rosenberger is fitness coach to ESA astronauts at the European Astronaut…
SPACE - 13/08 10:29 CET
Comet 67P Churyumov–Gerasimenko, accompanied by the European probe Rosetta has reached its “perihelion”, the point in its orbit…
11/08 13:22 CET
Workers from an environmental protection team have accidentally caused an environmental disaster – releasing millions of litres…
SPACE - 06/08 08:25 CET
Years in the building, seconds in the launching; rocket engines are truly awesome in their sheer power, but are also amazing…
SCIENCE - 30/07 15:07 CET
Retreating ice reveals plants which show the extent of glacier melt. Researchers are sounding the alarm for global warming.
SCIENCE - 29/07 11:28 CET
Medical marijuana has been legal in Italy since 2007. The army have developed…
HI-TECH - 28/07 14:09 CET
If you’ve watched an opera or a foreign play, you may have noticed the surtitles above the stage. One company in France is…
HI-TECH - 27/07 15:25 CET
Climbers of Mount Fuji can now flash their ascent and conquest of Japan’s highest peak in an instant. Selfies can be uploaded on…
FUTURIS - 27/07 11:24 CET
European research project in Ireland offers promise of an alternative energy source from non-native myscanthus grass cultivated…
23/07 18:46 CET
NASA says its Kepler Mission has discovered an earth-size planet similar to our own. The new discovery, called Kepler-452b…
SPACE - 22/07 16:42 CET
Claudia Alexander, one of the leading scientists in the Rosetta mission, has died at the age of 56. Claudia headed the …
20/07 16:08 CET
Professor Stephen Hawking and Russian entrepreneur Yuri Milner have launched a project to search for alien life. The initiative…
HI-TECH - 20/07 14:10 CET
Nine-year-old Kamogelo is one of many school children living in impoverished communities in South Africa affected by power cuts…
FUTURIS - 20/07 11:43 CET
Most of the food we buy is packed in plastic, metal or other fabricated materials. That makes it easy to store and transport…
FUTURIS - 20/07 11:42 CET
Are we safe from harmful chemicals when we buy plastic-packaged food? Catherine Simoneau, head of the European reference…
- 16/07 - HI-TECH - Chameleon smartpaint that reacts to temperature, light and pressure
- 16/07 - Pluto pictures stun scientists as the first probe close-ups reach Earth
- 15/07 - Solar Impulse: global flight abandoned until 2016
- 15/07 - SPACE - The quest to capture gravitational waves
- 15/07 - HI-TECH - 3D printed cars could hit roads as early as 2016
- 15/07 - SPACE - The Astronaut Academy: ‘Like in the film Gravity’
- 14/07 - SCIENCE - Sardinian thistles play key role in bioplastics
- 13/07 - SCIENCE - Cardiac microchip provides advance warning of future heart problems
- 13/07 - FUTURIS - Getting rail freight back on track in Europe
- 13/07 - FUTURIS - Do you know: what’s better – a road or a rail?
- 09/07 - SCIENCE - Take a trip deep into iceland’s Langjökull glacier
- 08/07 - SCIENCE - Moribund Salton Sea fast becoming a Californian health hazard
- 08/07 - New Horizons at Pluto: what you need to know
- 07/07 - HI-TECH - Smart robots galore at the ‘Innorobo’ show
- 06/07 - FUTURIS - ‘Atomic detectives’ scientists that keep us safe from radioactive criminality
- 06/07 - FUTURIS - Do you know: what is a dirty bomb?
- 06/07 - SCIENCE - Bart Knols: Waging war on mosquitoes
- 06/07 - HI-TECH - The Eureka project: 30 years of research and innovation across borders
- 02/07 - SCIENCE - Machines confused by human-induced “leap second”
- 01/07 - SCIENCE - Usound app provides sound solutions for the hard of hearing
- 30/06 - SCIENCE - Exploring the brain while we chat to better understand how it works
- 29/06 - HI-TECH - New app puts everyone on the map
- 29/06 - FUTURIS - Movers, not shakers: cable-driven robots may lift European heavy industry
- 29/06 - FUTURIS - Do you know: what’s a cable robot?
- 25/06 - SCIENCE - Back to nature for the swimming pools of the future
- 24/06 - SCIENCE - Tiny gecko could hold secret to new water repellent materials
- 23/06 - HI-TECH - RFID chips: a key to more or less freedom?
- 22/06 - HI-TECH - New app helps EU citizens settle in country of choice
- 22/06 - FUTURIS - Waste not, want not: Ghana’s mushrooming bio-waste initiative
- 22/06 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can waste be food?
- 19/06 - How can drones be used to save lives in the Mediterranean migrant crisis?
- 19/06 - Why is 3D printing key to the future of aviation?
- 19/06 - What’s in store for passengers in the world of In-Flight Entertainment?
- 19/06 - How is wearable technology helping to satisfy the world’s future aviation needs?
- 18/06 - HI-TECH - Drones and electric planes at the Paris Air Show
- 17/06 - HI-TECH - Auschwitz museum brings in technology to enhance the past
- 16/06 - HI-TECH - Science, technology and medicine honoured at The European Inventors Awards in Paris
- 15/06 - FUTURIS - Is seafood still safe to eat?
- 15/06 - FUTURIS - Do you know: do fish feel global warming?
- 15/06 - SCIENCE - Climate change, erosion and the disappearance of Senegal’s coast
- 11/06 - HI-TECH - An artificial leg which can feel and reduce pain
- 10/06 - HI-TECH - Fixtures and fittings that keep the elderly secure and independent
- 09/06 - HI-TECH - Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 08/06 - HI-TECH - European Inventor Award 2015 ceremony
- 08/06 - FUTURIS - Helping farms produce more crops with less water
- 08/06 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can crops grow without water?
- 08/06 - SCIENCE - Jordan’s Black Desert may hold key to Earth’s first farmers
- 04/06 - HI-TECH - Mobile phone obsessives love viral cartoon
- 03/06 - HI-TECH - Bee rotor navigates like an insect
- 02/06 - SCIENCE - App identifies premature newborns
- 01/06 - SCIENCE - Mind-controlled prosthetics make great strides
- 01/06 - FUTURIS - Root cause: making crop plants better at sourcing water and nutrients
- 01/06 - FUTURIS - Do you know: roots or branches, which grow faster?
- 30/05 - Rosetta: Waking Philae, ESA’s sleeping beauty
- 28/05 - HI-TECH - CES has Asian premiere in Shanghai
- 27/05 - HI-TECH - Estonian mobile bomb shelter can withstand NATO calibre shelling
- 26/05 - SCIENCE - Tracking pilots’ brains to reduce risk of human error
- 25/05 - HI-TECH - Smartphone app could save lives during earthquake say inventors
- 22/05 - FUTURIS - Recharging without cables: the road ahead for electric cars
- 22/05 - FUTURIS - Do you know: what is an unplugged vehicule?
- 21/05 - SCIENCE - Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 21/05 - SPACE - Mars mystery: ExoMars mission to finally resolve question of life on red planet
- 21/05 - SPACE - The Astronaut Academy: “If anything goes wrong, it goes really wrong”
- 20/05 - SPACE - Solar sail tests Sagan’s dream of flying with Sun’s photons
- 20/05 - HI-TECH - Drones are perfect protectors for endangered elephants
- 19/05 - SCIENCE - Shoe chip measures hospital hand-washing
- 18/05 - FUTURIS - Do you know: can graphene see through time?
- 18/05 - HI-TECH - Memory mirror does away with changing room hassles
- 14/05 - SCIENCE - Melting of Larsen C ice shelf in Antarctic may raise sea levels
- 13/05 - FUTURIS - Tracking down earthquake survivors by their sweat