This content is not available in your region

Norway bow-and-arrow attack suspect to be held for 4 weeks initially

Access to the comments Comments
By Reuters
Norway bow-and-arrow attack suspect to be held for 4 weeks initially
Norway bow-and-arrow attack suspect to be held for 4 weeks initially   -   Copyright  Thomson Reuters 2021

KONGSBERG, Norway – The man suspected of killing five people in Norway with a bow and arrow and other weapons earlier this week can be held in custody for an initial four weeks while the probe continues, a court ruled on Friday, according to news agency NTB.

Espen Andersen Braathen, a 37-year-old Danish citizen who has lived for most of his life in Norway’s Kongsberg municipality where the attacks took place, has acknowledged killing the victims, investigators have said.

Braathen is currently in the care of health services, police said. He will be subject to a psychiatric evaluation, his lawyer has said.