BREAKING NEWS
This content is not available in your region

WHO's Tedros on Tigray bombing: denying health care access to victims unacceptable

Access to the comments Comments
By Reuters
WHO's Tedros on Tigray bombing: denying health care access to victims unacceptable
WHO's Tedros on Tigray bombing: denying health care access to victims unacceptable   -   Copyright  Thomson Reuters 2021
Text size Aa Aa

GENEVA – World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said on Friday that ambulances had been blocked from reaching victims of an air strike in Ethiopia’s Tigray region this week, describing as “unacceptable” the denial of access to heath care for victims.

“Attacks on civilians anywhere are completely unacceptable and so is denying them access to immediate care,” Tedros, who is Tigrayan, told a briefing. Ethiopia’s military has denied that any civilians were among the dozens of people killed in the air strike, saying all those struck were combatants.

Euronews provides articles from reuters as a service to its readers, but does not edit the articles it publishes. Articles appear on euronews.com for a limited time.