Euronews is no longer accessible on Internet Explorer. This browser is not updated by Microsoft and does not support the last technical evolutions. We encourage you to use another browser, such as Edge, Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
BREAKING NEWS

Crystal Palace act after Zaha subjected to racist abuse

Crystal Palace act after Zaha subjected to racist abuse
FILE PHOTO: Soccer Football - Premier League - Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace - Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, London, Britain - September 14, 2019 Crystal Palace's Wilfried Zaha before the match Action Images via Reuters/Tony O'Brien -
Copyright
Tony O'Brien(Reuters)
Euronews logo
Text size Aa Aa

LONDON (Reuters) – Premier League side Crystal Palace said on Wednesday they had taken action after Ivory Coast forward Wilfried Zaha was again subjected to racist abuse on social media.

“We will not tolerate this behaviour being directed at any of our players and will fully support them in dealing with such incidents,” the South London club said on their website (www.cpfc.co.uk).

“Any action we can take unilaterally as a club will be taken immediately and we will also seek cooperation from other clubs where relevant, following that we will pursue the matter criminally with the full force of whatever the law allows.”

Palace did not say what action they had taken or give further details.

Zaha said earlier this year that he was subjected to racist abuse in “nearly every game”.

(Reporting by Alan Baldwin, editing by Toby Davis)

euronews provides breaking news articles from reuters as a service to its readers, but does not edit the articles it publishes. Articles appear on euronews.com for a limited time.