Euronews is no longer accessible on Internet Explorer. This browser is not updated by Microsoft and does not support the last technical evolutions. We encourage you to use another browser, such as Edge, Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
BREAKING NEWS

Russia's Putin says no proof Iran was behind Saudi attacks

Russia's Putin says no proof Iran was behind Saudi attacks
FILE PHOTO: Russian President Vladimir Putin chairs a meeting with members of the government in Moscow, Russia September 25, 2019. Sputnik/Alexei Druzhinin/Kremlin via REUTERS -
Copyright
SPUTNIK(Reuters)
Euronews logo
Text size Aa Aa

MOSCOW (Reuters) – Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Wednesday that there was no evidence that Iran was responsible for an attack on Saudi oil infrastructure last month and that the United States had not presented any proof of Iran’s role.

France tried to set up a meeting between the leaders of Iran and the United States after the attack, but the move failed because Tehran wants Washington to remove its sanctions, Putin said at an energy conference in Moscow.

(Reporting by Dmitry Zhdannikov, Vladimir Soldatkin; writing by Tom Balmforth; editing by Maria Kiselyova)

euronews provides breaking news articles from reuters as a service to its readers, but does not edit the articles it publishes. Articles appear on euronews.com for a limited time.