Euronews is no longer accessible on Internet Explorer. This browser is not updated by Microsoft and does not support the last technical evolutions. We encourage you to use another browser, such as Edge, Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
BREAKING NEWS

Yemen's government starts indirect talks with southern separatists in Saudi Arabia - officials

Yemen's government starts indirect talks with southern separatists in Saudi Arabia - officials
FILE PHOTO: Southern Yemeni separatist men guard a checkpoint in Aden, Yemen August 31, 2019. REUTERS/Fawaz Salman/File Photo -
Copyright
Fawaz Salman(Reuters)
Euronews logo
Text size Aa Aa

ADEN (Reuters) – Yemen’s government officials have started indirect talks with United Arab Emirates-backed southern separatists in the Saudi Red Sea city of Jeddah to end fighting in Aden and other southern provinces, a Yemeni official said on Wednesday.

A senior Emirati official said earlier that the Gulf state was confident that the Jeddah meeting will succeed in uniting the two sides against what he called the “Houthi coup”.

(Reporting by Reuters team in Yemen, writing by Aziz El Yaakoubi; Editing by Catherine Evans)

euronews provides breaking news articles from reuters as a service to its readers, but does not edit the articles it publishes. Articles appear on euronews.com for a limited time.