Euronews is no longer accessible on Internet Explorer. This browser is not updated by Microsoft and does not support the last technical evolutions. We encourage you to use another browser, such as Edge, Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
BREAKING NEWS

Arcelormittal's Ukraine mill expects to lose $1 million due to investigation

Euronews logo
Text size Aa Aa

KIEV (Reuters) – The acting head of Arcelormittal’s <MT.AS> Ukraine plant Oleksandr Ivanov said on Tuesday the mill is expected to lose $1 million in July due to an investigation by the Ukrainian security services.

The security service said earlier it had discovered a source of radiation exceeding safe levels at the plant during a search last week.

Ivanov denied the allegation and said the investigation started after a meeting with new president Volodymyr Zelenskiy and he hoped it was a case of local authorities overreacting.

(Reporting by Natalia Zinets, writing by Maria Tsvetkova; editing by David Evans)

euronews provides breaking news articles from reuters as a service to its readers, but does not edit the articles it publishes. Articles appear on euronews.com for a limited time.