Euronews is no longer accessible on Internet Explorer. This browser is not updated by Microsoft and does not support the last technical evolutions. We encourage you to use another browser, such as Edge, Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
BREAKING NEWS

Turkey's Erdogan says 'never possible' to consider U.S. plan for Middle East - NTV

Turkey's Erdogan says 'never possible' to consider U.S. plan for Middle East - NTV
FILE PHOTO: Turkey's President Tayyip Erdogan holds a news conference on the final day of the G20 leaders summit in Osaka, Japan June 29, 2019. REUTERS/Jorge Silva -
Copyright
JORGE SILVA(Reuters)
Euronews logo
Text size Aa Aa

ANKARA (Reuters) – Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said it was “never possible” for Turkey to positively consider the $50 billion U.S. peace plan for the Middle East, broadcaster NTV reported on Monday.

The White House last week outlined a $50 billion Middle East economic plan that would create a global investment fund to lift the Palestinian and neighbouring Arab state economies, and fund a $5 billion transportation corridor to connect the West Bank and Gaza.

Speaking to reporters after the G20 summit in Japan, Erdogan also said that the leaders of Russia, Iran and Turkey would hold a summit in July to discuss developments in Syria, NTV said.

(Reporting by Tuvan Gumrukcu; Editing by Sandra Maler)

euronews provides breaking news articles from reuters as a service to its readers, but does not edit the articles it publishes. Articles appear on euronews.com for a limited time.