Euronews is no longer accessible on Internet Explorer. This browser is not updated by Microsoft and does not support the last technical evolutions. We encourage you to use another browser, such as Edge, Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.

BREAKING NEWS

BREAKING NEWS

IS claims blast near Afghan military training centre - Amaq

Text size Aa Aa

CAIRO (Reuters) – Islamic State claimed responsibility for a suicide bombing near a military training centre in the Afghan capital earlier on Thursday, the militant group said on its Amaq news agency.

The blast killed at least six people and wounded six more, two security officials said, without elaborating.

Amaq published an image of a man it said was the suicide bomber who carried out the attack. The claim could not be independently verified.

(Reporting By Ahmed Tolba; Editing by Raissa Kasolowsky)

euronews provides breaking news articles from reuters as a service to its readers, but does not edit the articles it publishes. Articles appear on euronews.com for a limited time.