Euronews is no longer accessible on Internet Explorer. This browser is not updated by Microsoft and does not support the last technical evolutions. We encourage you to use another browser, such as Edge, Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
BREAKING NEWS

Samsung says no decision yet on investment for second memory chip plant in China's Xian

Samsung says no decision yet on investment for second memory chip plant in China's Xian
FILE PHOTO: The logo of Samsung Electronics is seen at its office building in Seoul, South Korea, March 23, 2018. REUTERS/Kim Hong-Ji/File Photo -
Copyright
Kim Hong-Ji(Reuters)
Euronews logo
Text size Aa Aa

SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korean tech giant Samsung Electronics Co Ltd said on Friday that it has not decided on additional investment in a second memory chip production line in the Chinese city of Xian, denying an earlier report by the Chinese state media Xinhua.

Xinhua news agency earlier on Friday had quoted Samsung Vice President Ji Hyun-ki as saying that the group would spend more than $14 billion (11 billion pounds) in the second phase of investment in its memory chip plant in Xian.

Samsung later responded in an emailed statement to Reuters, denying the Xinhua report.

(Reporting by Ju-min Park; Writing by Lee Chyen Yee; Editing by Susan Fenton)

euronews provides breaking news articles from reuters as a service to its readers, but does not edit the articles it publishes. Articles appear on euronews.com for a limited time.