BREAKING NEWS

BREAKING NEWS

Islamic State claims responsibility for deadly attack in Afghanistan - Amaq

Text size Aa Aa

CAIRO (Reuters) - Islamic State claimed responsibility for an attack that killed 16 people in Afghanistan's Nangarhar province, the militant group's Amaq news agency said on Wednesday.

Earlier in the day, suicide bombers and gunmen attacked a construction company office in the Afghan city of Jalalabad, killing 16 employees of the Afghan company, a provincial official said.

Jalalabad is the capital of Nangarhar province, which is on the border with Pakistan.

(Reporting by Ahmed Tolba; Writing by Mohamed Elsherif; Editing by Peter Cooney)

euronews provides breaking news articles from reuters as a service to its readers, but does not edit the articles it publishes. Articles appear on euronews.com for a limited time.