Euronews is no longer accessible on Internet Explorer. This browser is not updated by Microsoft and does not support the last technical evolutions. We encourage you to use another browser, such as Edge, Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
BREAKING NEWS

Egypt says police kill two suspects in November attack on Christians

Egypt says police kill two suspects in November attack on Christians
A general view of the entrance to Minya city is seen a day after a militant attack at the city in Egypt, November 3, 2018. REUTERS/Mohamed Abd El Ghany -
Copyright
MOHAMED ABD EL GHANY(Reuters)
Euronews logo
Text size Aa Aa

CAIRO (Reuters) - Egyptian police killed two gunmen suspected of involvement in last month's attack on a bus carrying Christians in Minya governorate, the interior ministry said in a statement on Saturday.

Security forces had previously killed 19 militants suspected of involvement in the Nov. 2 attack that killed at least seven Christians who were returning from baptising a child at a Coptic monastery in central Egypt.

(Reporting by Ahmed Tolba; Writing by Yousef Saba; Editing by Alexander Smith)

euronews provides breaking news articles from reuters as a service to its readers, but does not edit the articles it publishes. Articles appear on euronews.com for a limited time.