Euronews is no longer accessible on Internet Explorer. This browser is not updated by Microsoft and does not support the last technical evolutions. We encourage you to use another browser, such as Edge, Safari, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.

BREAKING NEWS

BREAKING NEWS

China confirms new African swine fever outbreak in Hubei province

Text size Aa Aa

BEIJING (Reuters) - China's agricultural ministry said on Thursday it had confirmed a new African swine fever outbreak near the city of Huangguang in the central province of Hubei.

The outbreak occurred on a farm of 636 pigs in Xishui county, it said, adding that 13 had already died and a further 24 were sick.

China, the world's top pork producer, has reported more than 60 cases of the fatal disease in 17 provinces.

(Reporting by Dominique Patton; Editing by Christian Schmollinger)

euronews provides breaking news articles from reuters as a service to its readers, but does not edit the articles it publishes. Articles appear on euronews.com for a limited time.