Thousands of Bosnian Muslims will march for the next three days to honour the victims of the Srebrenica massacre 15 years ago.
They want to retrace the steps of the survivors, who fled the mass murder on the 11th of July 1995.
One survivor said he felt obliged to come and pay his respects to those executed by the Bosnian Serb army.
The marchers will reach Srebrenica on Sunday to attend a memorial service, marking the day 8,000 people were killed.
Even now, not all the victims have been accounted for. Just some 3,600 have been buried so far.
For the past 15 years, Hatidza Mehmedovic has been hoping to find her families’ remains:
“July is the worst time,” she said. “Those days are the hardest. When the funerals start, bodies are brought to Potocari, but my children are still missing.”
Srebrenica was supposed to be a UN safe area, but when Ratko Mladic’s men came, Dutch troops failed to protect the Muslims living there.
Bosnian Serb forces rounded up and shot thousands of people before burying the bodies in mass graves.
Mladic is now one of the world’s most wanted men. The UN war crimes tribunal in the Hague wants to try him on charges of genocide.