World news about “EU Parliament” published by euronews.
It has taken seven years but the Parliaments of Ukraine and the European Union have ratified their landmark Association Agreement. For the first time ever, the parliamentary sessions in Kyiv and Strasbourg were broadcast simultaneously, with both leaders of the Ukraine and…
REPORTER | 05/09 11:02 CET
Having borrowed President Obama's famous 'Yes We Can' slogan…
BRUSSELS BUREAU | 01/07 16:52 CET
German MEP Martin Schulz campaigned to become European Commission…
01/07 11:58 CET
German MEP Martin Schulz is back at the helm of the European Parliament, just weeks after he said he wanted to end the EU's culture of backroom…
21/06 16:30 CET
European centre-left leaders have held informal talks in Paris just…
17/06 14:46 CET
How many radical democrats does it take to change the Spanish…
- 13/06 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Italy’s Five Star chooses UKIP for European Parliament alliance
- 13/06 - Cameron pursues ‘stop Juncker’ campaign in European press
- 01/06 - UKIP ‘hoping’ to form alliance with Italy’s 5-Star…
- 23/05 - European election results night as it happened
- 22/05 - The EU Election. How does it work?
- 22/05 - Voters in UK and Netherlands kickoff EU elections
- 15/05 - THE NETWORK - European elections: will populism triumph?
- 02/05 - REPORTER - European choice: Martin Schulz campaigning to spread wealth
- 01/05 - THE NETWORK - Will eurosceptics force a new political reality on Europe?
- 25/04 - REPORTER - Verhofstadt’s liberal recipe for Europe
- 18/04 - U TALK - EU 2014: breaking new ground in European elections
- 17/04 - THE NETWORK - EU elections 2014: a new domain for tweeters, bloggers and…
- 16/04 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - MEPs fret over Ukraine crisis
- 16/04 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Veteran MEPs make last Strasbourg bow
- 15/04 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - MEPs back law aimed at reducing risk of failing banks to taxpayer
- 11/04 - EUROPE WEEKLY - Europe Weekly: EU frets over Ukrainian crisis.
- 06/04 - Europe’s Greens bid adieu to ‘legendary’ Daniel…
- 03/04 - THE NETWORK - EU elections: something new or more of the same?
- 01/04 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Pussy Riot call for tougher sanctions against Putin’s inner circle
- 13/03 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - MEPs slam Russian ‘invasion’ of Crimea
- 12/03 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - European Parliament calls for suspension of US data-sharing
- 12/03 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - EU warns Russia over Crimea
- 26/02 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - European Parliament backs tougher tobacco rules
- 13/02 - Israel: Pro-settler party demands apology from EU Parliament chief over…
- 12/02 - Israeli nationalist leader attacks Schulz and leads walkout of Israeli…
- 06/02 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - MEPs want better EU bank deal
- 04/02 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Italy’s president warns euroscepticism could kill EU
- 04/02 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - MEPs seek more action on homophobia
- 01/02 - Liberals confirm Guy Verhofstadt as nominee for European Commission…
- 29/01 - Europarl Hackathon: 48 hours to free European Parliament data
- 20/01 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Choose your Future: debate with MEPs on youth unemployment
- 20/01 - RIGHT ON - Putting the voter in driving seat on the road to Brussels
- 16/01 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - European parties denounce plans to tighten Spain’s abortion laws
- 15/01 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Samaras defends Greece’s EU presidency
- 14/01 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - European Parliament demands recycling targets in EU war on plastic waste
- 09/01 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - MEPs seek to question Snowden via video over NSA spying
- 09/01 - Snowden to testify to European Parliament’s Civil Liberties Committee
- 12/12 - Belgian film ‘The Broken Circle Breakdown’ wins Lux Prize
- 10/12 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - MEPs reject bottom-fishing ban
- 21/11 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Malala Yousafzai receives EU Sakharov prize – nocomment
- 20/11 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Axe ‘travelling circus’, MEPs tell EU leaders
- 20/11 - LIVE: Malala Yousafzai receives 2013 Sakharov Prize
- 12/11 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Officials agree EU budget for 2014
- 25/10 - Is the EU grass still greener? Young journalists reflect on the state of…
- 23/10 - European Parliament votes to suspend its SWIFT data exchange agreement…
- 23/10 - Europe’s far right parties seek alliance for greater EU standing
- 10/10 - Newspaper poll shows a quarter of French would vote for far right National…
- 09/10 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - EU member states already have tools to help migrants in times of crisis
- 07/10 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Mass lobbying by tobacco companies as MEPs vote on anti-smoking legislation
- 01/10 - Snowden in the running for EU’s Sakharov prize
- 26/09 - Hackers gather in Brussels to shed light on government surveillance
- 24/09 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Ab Fab star Lumley hams it up for pigs’ rights
- 18/07 - ‘Europe, where are you?’ Bulgarian protesters appeal to the EU
- 16/07 - Brussels interns to go on strike
- 02/07 - French far-right MEP Le Pen has immunity lifted
- 27/06 - EU leaders reach 2014-2020 budget agreement
- 26/06 - Scuffle as journalist challenges MEP over expenses
- 21/05 - EU bank customers to contribute to bail-ins?
- 08/05 - NEWS + - EU opens its doors – but are Europeans interested?
- 04/05 - EU open doors day
- 23/04 - NEWS + - Cuba’s Ladies in White finally pick up EU rights prize
- 18/04 - THE NETWORK - Education funding gap in Europe
- 01/04 - RIGHT ON - Others are deciding for you
- 01/04 - RIGHT ON - A good day to vote?
- 22/03 - THE NETWORK - Funding dissent
- 21/03 - EU to cap bankers’ bonuses
- 13/03 - I TALK - Budget, jobs and growth: the European Parliament has its say
- 06/03 - THE NETWORK - Fighting over the CAP
- 13/12 - INTERVIEW - Ebadi speaks for Sotoudeh: support Iran’s dissidents in every way…
- 28/09 - THE NETWORK - European Parliament – time to end the costly travelling circus?
- 04/09 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - EU parliament shows off art for the first time