World news about “EU Parliament” published by euronews.
New figures shine a light on the MEPs who consistently fail to turn up for key votes in the European Parliament - despite taking home bumper salaries. Analysis of statistics from VoteWatch reveal 20 politicians have taken part in half or less of recorded votes in Brussels and…
17/12 13:13 CET
The European Parliament adopted a resolution supporting Palestinian…
BRUSSELS BUREAU | 16/12 17:13 CET
The deeply divisive conflict splitting the European Parliament. On…
27/11 14:09 CET
A "motion of…
EUROPE WEEKLY | 21/11 18:00 CET
In this edition of Europe Weekly: EU foreign ministers agree to…
- 03/11 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Muted start for new European Commission
- 22/10 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - MEPs back Juncker’s Commission lineup
- 16/10 - THE NETWORK - Is the new European Commission heading for gridlock?
- 13/10 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - NGO says MEPs boosting earnings with second jobs
- 10/10 - EUROPE WEEKLY - Europe Weekly: Slovenia job row set to draw to a close?
- 07/10 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Kurdish protesters storm European Parliament
- 04/10 - Lampedusa protests target EU on migrant shipwreck anniversary
- 03/10 - EUROPE WEEKLY - Europe Weekly: MEPs grill commissioners in EP hearings
- 02/10 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - MEPs recall Britain’s Hill for second hearing
- 28/09 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - MEPs take aim at Juncker’s candidates
- 25/09 - THE NETWORK - Spend more, spend better to improve EU defence
- 23/09 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - MEP’s unveil right prize nominees
- 16/09 - EU and Ukraine ratify association deal
- 11/09 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Pope to address MEPs
- 05/09 - REPORTER - Podemos: Spanish indignation in Brussels’ corridors of power
- 08/07 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Juncker seeks socialist to be EU economic czar
- 01/07 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - EU job horse trading returns Schulz to EP presidency
- 01/07 - Backroom deal sees Schulz return as EP president
- 24/06 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Farage unveils ‘new’ group and new name
- 21/06 - Europe’s centre-left leaders seek ways to ease EU deficit rules
- 19/06 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - UKIP’s Farage seals EP deal
- 18/06 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Schulz still seeks Commission role
- 17/06 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - US farmers seek better access to EU markets
- 17/06 - Spain ‘caught’ between a monarchy and a republic
- 13/06 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Italy’s Five Star chooses UKIP for European Parliament alliance
- 13/06 - Cameron pursues ‘stop Juncker’ campaign in European press
- 01/06 - UKIP ‘hoping’ to form alliance with Italy’s 5-Star…
- 23/05 - European election results night as it happened
- 22/05 - The EU Election. How does it work?
- 22/05 - Voters in UK and Netherlands kickoff EU elections
- 15/05 - THE NETWORK - European elections: will populism triumph?
- 02/05 - REPORTER - European choice: Martin Schulz campaigning to spread wealth
- 01/05 - THE NETWORK - Will eurosceptics force a new political reality on Europe?
- 25/04 - REPORTER - Verhofstadt’s liberal recipe for Europe
- 18/04 - U TALK - EU 2014: breaking new ground in European elections
- 17/04 - THE NETWORK - EU elections 2014: a new domain for tweeters, bloggers and…
- 16/04 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - MEPs fret over Ukraine crisis
- 16/04 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Veteran MEPs make last Strasbourg bow
- 15/04 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - MEPs back law aimed at reducing risk of failing banks to taxpayer
- 06/04 - Europe’s Greens bid adieu to ‘legendary’ Daniel…
- 03/04 - THE NETWORK - EU elections: something new or more of the same?
- 01/04 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Pussy Riot call for tougher sanctions against Putin’s inner circle
- 13/03 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - MEPs slam Russian ‘invasion’ of Crimea
- 12/03 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - European Parliament calls for suspension of US data-sharing
- 12/03 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - EU warns Russia over Crimea
- 26/02 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - European Parliament backs tougher tobacco rules
- 13/02 - Israel: Pro-settler party demands apology from EU Parliament chief over…
- 12/02 - Israeli nationalist leader attacks Schulz and leads walkout of Israeli…
- 06/02 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - MEPs want better EU bank deal
- 04/02 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - Italy’s president warns euroscepticism could kill EU
- 04/02 - BRUSSELS BUREAU - MEPs seek more action on homophobia
- 01/02 - Liberals confirm Guy Verhofstadt as nominee for European Commission…
- 29/01 - Europarl Hackathon: 48 hours to free European Parliament data
- 20/01 - RIGHT ON - Putting the voter in driving seat on the road to Brussels
- 09/01 - Snowden to testify to European Parliament’s Civil Liberties Committee
- 20/11 - LIVE: Malala Yousafzai receives 2013 Sakharov Prize
- 25/10 - Is the EU grass still greener? Young journalists reflect on the state of…
- 26/09 - Hackers gather in Brussels to shed light on government surveillance
- 18/07 - ‘Europe, where are you?’ Bulgarian protesters appeal to the EU
- 16/07 - Brussels interns to go on strike
- 02/07 - French far-right MEP Le Pen has immunity lifted
- 27/06 - EU leaders reach 2014-2020 budget agreement
- 26/06 - Scuffle as journalist challenges MEP over expenses
- 21/05 - EU bank customers to contribute to bail-ins?
- 08/05 - NEWS + - EU opens its doors – but are Europeans interested?
- 04/05 - EU open doors day
- 23/04 - NEWS + - Cuba’s Ladies in White finally pick up EU rights prize
- 18/04 - THE NETWORK - Education funding gap in Europe
- 01/04 - RIGHT ON - Others are deciding for you
- 01/04 - RIGHT ON - A good day to vote?
- 22/03 - THE NETWORK - Funding dissent