Farnborough airshow 2012
Innovation is key at the Farnborough Air Show in Hampshire, England. A week long international trade fair for the aerospace industry, where the technology of tomorrow is on show for all to see and where you get to glimpse of projects which, in a few short years, will become a reality. Taking gadgets to a new…
The 2012 Farnborough International Airshow, being held near London, is…10/07/12 13:36 CET
The future of air travel is on display and in the skies above southern…09/07/12 19:30 CET
Aviation in times of crisis
Richard Aboulafia is VicePresident, Analysis of the Teal Group... The crisis in the eurozone is in full development. IATA has announced that the profits of the aviation sector will be halved this year comparing to forecasts. Yet the big manufacturers are challenging each other in the race for orders. Farnborough 2012 will be the air show of crisis or recovery?
Farnborough 2012 - Key facts
- A five-hour flying display with five aerobatic display teams
- A static collection including historical greats like the Breitling-sponsored Lockheed Super Constellation and the Catalina Flying Boat. The future of air travel will also be represented by Virgin Galactic, the world’s first spaceline.
- In the last edition, the show attracted some 250,000 visitors and hosted 1455 exhibitors from 40 countries. Exhibiting companies announced order figures of EUR 37 billion (b) during the show.
- The Innovation Zone will host a variety of interactive exhibits and demonstrations showcasing technology that could feature in the aircraft of the future.
- The Unmanned Systems Showcase will be open to all unmanned systems including aerial and ground vehicles to exhibit.