BREAKING NEWS

BREAKING NEWS

Liverpool defender Clyne faces another three months out

Now Reading:

Liverpool defender Clyne faces another three months out

Text size Aa Aa

LONDON (Reuters) – Liverpool’s injured England right back Nathaniel Clyne could be sidelined for up to three months more after having back surgery, British media reported on Monday. The former Southampton defender has not played since suffering the injury in a pre-season game against Tranmere Rovers in July, and could now be out until mid-February. The 26-year-old resumed light training in September but had a setback and the reports said he had undergone “minor, corrective surgery”. “He was in a good way and then had a little setback. That’s how back problems are,” Liverpool manager Juergen Klopp said earlier this month. “We showed him to specialists all over the world and it is not a big problem — it just needs time, that is all.” Joe Gomez and Trent Alexander-Arnold have deputised at right back for Liverpool in Clyne’s absence.

(Writing by Ken Ferris; Editing by Kevin Liffey)
euronews provides breaking news articles from reuters as a service to its readers, but does not edit the articles it publishes. Articles appear on euronews.com for a limited time.