ISIL has said it was behind the deadly stabbing of a teenager in Hamburg earlier this month.
The claim, republished by German media, was made via the so called Islamic State’s Amaq news Agency.
It said one of its soldiers stabbed two individuals in the Northern German city on October 16.
German police are said to be taking the claim seriously after a 16-year-old boy was fatally stabbed and a 15-year old girl attacked in Hamburg on the same date next to the city’s Alster lake.
Despite reportedly being thrown in the water, the girl escaped unhurt.