Now Reading:

Attack and counter-attacks continue in the battle for Aleppo

world news

Attack and counter-attacks continue in the battle for Aleppo


There has been no let up in the battle for Aleppo and surrounding areas.

On Sunday (Sept.25) Syrian rebels launched a counter-attack in Handarat refugee camp north of the city following a ground offensive by government troops.

Outside Aleppo, anti-Assad fighters have in the main been driven mostly into rural areas. Nevertheless, they remain a potent force as the counter-offence demonstrated.

According to video uploaded onto a social media website the rebels retook the camp before Syrian forces resumed bombing.

While rebels claim planes have continued to pound residential areas, the Syria army says it is targeting only militants.

Elsewhere in Syria, seventy trucks of humanitarian aid were delivered to four besieged towns – two of them, Madaya and Zabdani are close to Damascus, the others, Kefraya and al-Foua are in Syria’s northwest Idlib province.

It’s the first time aid had been allowed through in almost six months.

Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.

Next Article