BREAKING NEWS

Now Reading:

Syrian ceasefire over

world news

Syrian ceasefire over

Advertisement

The Syrian Army has announced the end of last week’s ceasefire blaming rebels and citing over 300 violations of the agreement. Each side has accused the other of breaking the truce’s terms. Meanwhile people are fleeing Aleppo and Homs through so called ‘safe corridors’.

A man fleeing bombardment told reporters:“We took the Salah-eddin road, fortunately we are here with our soldiers.”

According to UN Secretary General for Humanitarian affairs, up to 275,000 people remain trapped in eastern Aleppo without food, water or medical care. US Secretary of State John Kerry’s claim earlier today that humanitarian aid would reach eight locations now seems unlikely.

The blame game

Assad accused the US of ‘flagrant agression’ after an airstrike in Deir Ezzoar killed dozens of Regime soldiers on Saturday. The US maintains the airstrike was a mistake.

Sporadic fighting is already erupting in several hot spots including the Quneitra province. Syria will be at the top of the agenda at the annual UN meeting in New York tomorrow.

Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.

Next Article