BREAKING NEWS

Now Reading:

Tourists return to hotels after Costa del Sol wildfires brought under control

world news

Tourists return to hotels after Costa del Sol wildfires brought under control

Advertisement

Five hundred and forty-five people who were evacuated on Tuesday evening (July 12) as wildfires got close to their homes and hotel in Spain’s Costa del Sol, have been allowed to return.

Firefighters claim to have contained the blazes which were in two locations. The local government says both had been started intentionally.

Most of those who’d been forced to leave were British and German tourists.

Social media carries photos of firefighters working throughout the night battling the blazes:

Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.

Next Article