Now Reading:

Brussels attacks: Two more men are charged with 'terrorist murder'

world news

Brussels attacks: Two more men are charged with 'terrorist murder'


A further two men have been charged with ‘terrorist murder’ in connection with the deadly Brussels attacks.

They are suspected of links with the rental of a property thought to have been used as a safe house ahead of last month’s bombings, in which 32 people were killed.

Prosecutors have identified them only as Smail F., born in 1984, and Ibrahim F., born in 1988.

“They are charged with participation in the activities of a terrorist group, terrorist murders and attempts to commit terrorist murders, as a perpetrator, co-perpetrator or accomplice,” federal prosecutors said in a statement.

Four other suspects were picked up on Friday, including Mohamed Abrini, who investigators say has confessed to leaving a bomb at Brussels airport and Osama Krayem, suspected of buying bags used by the bombers.

Abrini is also wanted in connection with November’s attacks in Paris, which killed 130 people.

Police raided the suspected safe house, in the Brussels district of Etterbeck, on Saturday, but no weapons or explosives were found.

Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.

Next Article