Brussels airport says it will take months to get the busy transport hub fully operational, after last week’s deadly bombings.
It was hoped that some services could resume on Wednesday, but the airport is remaining closed.
Staff have been back at work testing out temporary check-in arrangements, set up in marquees, to by-pass the badly damaged area of the terminal.
“Practical matters, what goes where, which facilities can we use – they were the questions during the first few days,” said Anke Fransen, an airport spokeswoman.
“Now we think about the people, are they ready to return to work? How will employees react to this situation, because for many it will be the first time they are returning.”
The airport will also be closed for passenger flights into and out of #brusselsairport tomorrow Wednesday 30 March.— Brussels Airport (@BrusselsAirport) 29 March 2016
Brussels Airlines is running up five million euros in daily costs. Lufthansa has cancelled all flights to Brussels until Sunday.
The number of people killed at the airport and at Maelbeek metro station in Brussels has been revised down to 32, excluding the suicide bombers. That after the double counting of three people with dual nationality.
Meanwhile, police are still hunting a third man seen on airport CCTV on the day of the bombings – after releasing a suspect.
Get a different perspective
Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.