Commemorations are underway to mark two years since Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 vanished en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing with 239 people on board.
Point of view
We're here to go after Malaysia Airlines, Boeing, Rolls-Royce and anyone else who's responsible... They caused us harm and we will ask for compensation
In Beijing, relatives of Chinese passengers on the missing flight have filed suit against Malaysia Airlines. Despite daily visits to the airline’s office to understand what may have happened to their loved ones, they feel they are being ignored.
“We’re here to go after Malaysia Airlines, Boeing, Rolls-Royce and anyone else who’s responsible, because they didn’t provide us with the support we were entitled to,” said Wen Wancheng, father of a 34 year-old missing MH370 passenger. “They caused us harm and we will ask for compensation.”
The Australian agency leading the hunt for MH370 said on Monday it is “very likely” the plane will be found in the next four months. Experts are currently studying a piece of debris found last week on a beach in Mozambique. If it’s confirmed to be a piece of the missing flight, it would be the second to wash up on a beach – last year, a section of the plane’s wing was found off Reunion Island.