- Dozens die in attacks in Damascus and Homs
- Warnings the death toll could rise
- ISIL admits Damascus attack
It is feared dozens of people have been killed in a series of explosions in the Syrian city of Homs and the capital, Damascus.
At least four blasts were heard in the southern Damascus suburb of Sayyida Zeinab.
30 killed and tens injured in multiple blasts near Sayida Zeinab shrine near Damascus according to Fars News Agency pic.twitter.com/6j1uVaZUV4— potkin azarmehr (@potkazar) February 21, 2016
At least 30 people are said to have been killed. 180 have been injured.
The group calling itself Islamic State claims it was behind the attacks.
At least 57 people, the majority of them civilians, died in a double car-bombing in Homs.
Police say the two cars had been parked on opposite sides of a crossroads. The the first explosion triggered the second.
USA (@Tanya_USA) February 21, 2016
Zahara has been the target of previous attacks. Last month, a double suicide attack was claimed by ISIL.
Nobody had claimed responsibility to Sunday’s blasts.
The area is a predominantly Alawite district, the minority sect to which President Bashar al-Assad belongs.
Monitors say up to 100 people were injured in the attack and have warned the death toll could rise further.
Get a different perspective
Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.