Spectators have been evacuated from a football stadium in Germany which had planned to host an international friendly on Tuesday evening.
The fixture between Germany and the Netherlands was called off two hours before kick-off due to fears of a bomb attack.
Police say they had received specific information that an attack was planned using explosives.
German interior minister Thomas de Maizière said decision to call off friendly match in Hanover made after ‘concrete threat’ of imminent te…— #CWC15 (@DotBall) 17 Novembre 2015
German Interior Minister Thomas de Maiziere said the threat was credible.
“There were good reasons why we decided to call the match off. There is no need to go into all the details now even though I understand your curiosity.”
Police vans with loudspeakers ordered fans to leave the stadium. Armed officers were positioned outside.
A nearby music arena was also evacuated.
No arrests were made and no explosives were found.
World Champions Germany had wanted the fixture to go ahead. They were playing France in Paris when last Friday’s wave of attacks began.
German Chancellor Angela Merkel had been due to attend.
Get a different perspective
Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.