22/09/14 18:18 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
This week the eurozone gets a new 10 euro banknote with enhanced security features and a fresher look.
Along with the five euro note, relaunched this year, the design has had a radical overhaul and should prove much more difficult to forge.
Feel, look, and tilt is the ECB’s mantra for checking the notes, with inks changing colour according to the angle of light, and a built-in hologram.
Existing 10 euro notes will continue in circulation before being gradually phased out.
Wires > Business
- 07:33 CET Brexit puts UK-China financial services linkages at risk
- 07:28 CET Brexit more heartburn than heart attack for hedge funds
- 05:20 CET Lotte chairman defeats brother’s challenge, retains control at AGM
- 03:37 CET ‘Investing for good’ gains appeal amid rocky tech startup market
- 03:10 CET Robo-adviser Betterment suspended trading during Brexit upheaval…
- 02:43 CET Citigroup resolves ‘technical issue’ that left accounts frozen
- 02:40 CET Ratings agency Moody’s says Britain at risk of credit downgrade
- 00:34 CET JPMorgan post-Brexit plan hinges on tone of discourse in Europe