Israel has accepted a new 72-hour ceasefire deal, Israeli officials said.
The proposal, put forward by Egypt, calls on both sides to observe a three-day truce, starting at 00:00 local time on Monday (August 11).
Palestinian negotiators said earlier that they had accepted the proposal.
Israeli and Palestinian delegations have been holding separate talks with Egyptian mediators in Cairo. Hamas, the group that rules Gaza, rejects Israel’s right to exist.
A previous 72-hour truce expired on Friday (August 8).
Around 1,900 Palestinians, mainly civilians, have died during more than a month of conflict, according to UN estimates.
Sixty-three people have died on the Israeli side.
Get a different perspective
Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.