At least 10 Palestinians have been killed and around 30 injured in an Israeli air strike on a UN-run school housing refugees in the southern Gaza Strip, according to local medical sources.
Eyewitnesses said people had been queuing for food when the missile struck near the entrance of the school in Rafah..
Previous such attacks have sparked international outrage.
There was no immediate comment from Israel’s military which accuses Hamas of using civilians as human shields.
Sunday’s strike in Rafah was the second attack on a school in less than a week.
Last Wednesday, at least 15 Palestinians who sought refuge in a UN-run school in Jabalya refugee camp were killed during fighting, and the UN said it appeared that Israeli artillery had hit the building. The Israeli military said gunmen had fired mortar bombs from near the school and it shot back in response.
Israel has continued to pound Gaza on Sunday, with health officials saying earlier that at least 30 people had been killed, taking the overall Palestinian death toll closer to 1,800, most of them civilians.
With rockets still being fired into Israel, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has vowed to keep up pressure on Hamas even after the army destroys a tunnel network. The Israeli military said it had started withdrawing some troops from Gaza and redeploying others within the territory.
Separately, Israel announced that 23-year-old soldier Hadar Goldin, thought missing, was in fact killed on Friday.
It means that 66 Israelis have been killed, almost all soldiers. A Thai civilian in Israel has also died.
Get a different perspective
Every story can be told in many ways: see the perspectives from Euronews journalists in our other language teams.