Eight Israeli soldiers and more than 30 Palestinians were killed on Saturday, in the second day of the Israeli ground invasion.
A Bedouin man was also killed and his family injured by a rocket in southern Israel.
Israel says it is not responsible for protecting Bedouin communities from rocket fire. They are not covered by the Iron Dome defence missiles nor do they have any siren warnings.
Meanwhile, diplomatic pressure for a ceasefire is growing.
On Sunday, Qatar will host a meeting between Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon to try to reach a truce between the Israeli and Palestinian sides.
An Egyptian initiative was rejected by Hamas who said any deal must include an end to the siege of Gaza and the release of prisoners who had previously been freed in an exchange and then re-arrested.